PDA

View Full Version : Return Guest Packages

MMouse6937
09-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Hi there, wasn't sure what to title this, but I remember a while back hearing about Disney offering somewhat of a discount on packages if you booked while you were there on your current vacation. I thought someone mentioned there was a desk or table set up in the resorts where you would commit to booking a package for the following year while you were there on vacation. Has anyone heard anything about that lately? Where would I look for that? Is it only at certain resorts? Any info you can provide would be great! Thanks :D 14 days!!

diznedreamin
09-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I thought that I had heard about this as well from someone here at Intercot. I think they said it was an in room flyer, stating that they had to book their trip for next year (within certain dates), put their deposit down, but it was such a good deal they couldn't pass it up! Hopefully someone who has actually done this will post soon.

Now I just have to remind myself not to buy so much when I'm down there and keep an extra $200 handy!;)

Beast_fanatic
09-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Disney did offer a discount for a future trip for current guests for awhile. I think it was around this time last year. It was just at certain resorts. I haven't heard anything about this recently though.

Mickey91
09-02-2007, 10:01 PM
They were doing it during Dec 06 while we were there. It was for the fall 07 and was basically the free dining deal. I can't remember much about it except that it was only offered at certain resorts and was for specific dates. Not sure if it was a Dec only deal or if they still do it.:confused: Sorry I couldn't help more.

wdwnomad
09-02-2007, 10:46 PM
This is from {site name removed per Terms of Service}. I have also read on other discussions boards from people just returning confirming this:

Bounceback Free Dining Promotion
This offer is available ONLY to guests staying at one of the official Walt Disney World resorts between 8/31/07-9/28/07.

Using a special phone number provided on some resort restaurant receipts or on a flyer provided in some resort rooms, you can book a vacation package for next year, for stays between 8/30/08-9/27/08, at a Walt Disney World resort with theme park tickets and receive the Dining Plan for FREE.

If you don't get the offer on a receipt or a flyer in your room, I recommend asking at the front desk.

There is a 3-night minimum stay requirement. Reservation for 2008 must be made before you check out and no later than September 28 to qualify. A $200 deposit is required at time of reservation.

tinksmom02
09-02-2007, 11:47 PM
Wow, I wonder if that 8/30 would be the start date for the free dining promotion next year (should they choose to do it). Seems like they bump it back a little more each year.

KAT1811
09-03-2007, 10:10 PM
I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. We leave in 8 days, 10 hours, and 10 minutes!!! I would like to book our nect trip while we are down there. I wonder how flexible they are with the dates if you choose to move them around once you return?

kakn7294
09-03-2007, 10:51 PM
I might have been the one you heard it from here on Intercot. Last year they offered this promotion in Nov or Dec for stays the following Aug or Sept. We booked it by calling the special number. We originally booked POP but called several days later from home and changed it to POFQ. Once it's booked, it's like any other package and can be modified but once it's canceled, it cannot be reinstated.

mcwheelee
09-03-2007, 11:06 PM
I just returned from an 8 night stay in WDW. While we were there we received a flyer in our room that offered free dining if you booked for next year. The dates available for the free dining offer were 8/30/08- 9/28/08. You had to book by your check out (or 9/28, whichever came first).
Just thought you all might like to know.
:mickey:

LauraF
09-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Is it safe to assume that "Free Dining" refers to only the basic plan?

KAT1811
09-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Is it safe to assume that "Free Dining" refers to only the basic plan?

I would say so since they have never offered free dining with any of the premium dining plans.

wdwnomad
09-04-2007, 10:19 PM
With this promotion, I've heard that you can get the Deluxe plan by paying the difference between the Basic Plan and the Deluxe plan. I think it comes out to around $32 for adults. I'd like to know for sure though too.

KAT1811
09-04-2007, 10:58 PM
With this promotion, I've heard that you can get the Deluxe plan by paying the difference between the Basic Plan and the Deluxe plan. I think it comes out to around $32 for adults. I'd like to know for sure though too.

Now I think that is WAY too much food for us. We find the basic plan to be fine. We don't often eat three meals a day in Disney. One sit down, one table service, and general grazing in the middle!!!