PDA

View Full Version : dinner at Norway

septembergirl
09-02-2007, 04:18 PM
For those who have been to the dinner meal at Akershus - what did you have and what do you recommend? We are going in a couple of weeks and, while the menu doesn't look that great, I have heard some great reviews of Akershus.

Crow
09-02-2007, 06:11 PM
the food was good. so were the princesses...i got a nice picture w Jasmine, which offset me feeling a little out of place solo...
the Koldbort is good. try the cheeses etc
for the hot portion you can only pick one now. i had the fish, pretty good.

dephenn
09-02-2007, 06:22 PM
We went there with 5 adults and 5 kids and not one of us left hungry. Can't remember what every one ordered, but I'm a really picky eater. I ate a lot of things from the Buffet style salad bar, and then off the kids menu. I got the Raviolis and had to ask for the tomato sauce. I can be a pain, but the service was excellent and very accommodating. You'll have a great time.

piratelilostitch
09-02-2007, 09:30 PM
Have to admit I pigged out on the smoked salmon on the buffet. Off the menu I had the venison stew which was really good. My daughter tried their version of meatloaf (forget the name) and liked it a lot. The two young ones ate pasta with cheese sauce and were quite happy with it. They also loved the salads, breads, cheese and cold cuts from the buffet.

piratelilostitch
09-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Traditional Kjottkake - sorry just checked the menu this is what my daughter had and liked.

bigfatqueenofeverything
09-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Really stinky cheeses and boiled dinners. It was like dinner at Grandma's house, if Grandma cooked with cabbage and root vegetables and unidentifiable meats. Of course, there were plenty of choice, but just be careful.

septembergirl
09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Really stinky cheeses and boiled dinners. It was like dinner at Grandma's house, if Grandma cooked with cabbage and root vegetables and unidentifiable meats. Of course, there were plenty of choice, but just be careful.

LOL! What a description! I take it you won't be back to Akershus?

tyandskyesmom
09-05-2007, 03:07 PM
We were there for dinner with two adults a 2 year old and a 7 year old. We all liked it. Lou had the venison stew and I had the ribs. Both were very good. Tyler had a kid's pizza (I think) and shared with Skye and we allate from the cold bar. The dessert is served on one dish for all to share and it was really good!

Incidentially, when we were seated and the waitress was explaining how everything worked, she told us that if needed the chef would make an adult sized version of the kids meals, particularly the spaghetti.

We went into this for Ariel with legs and were pretty scared of what we would be eating but we left very happy. We would do dinner again. In fact, we are doing lunch in January!

118 more days!!!