PDA

View Full Version : Dining Plan help

Martino
09-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Hi

I have just amended my booking for our vacation next August to include the Disney dining plan for 14 days.

We have not used this before and don't know a great deal on how it works, but I have read the topics in info central which helps a lot.

We may not always have time for table service meals so can anyone tell me if you can use the table Service Meal Credits in quick service restaurants in addition to using the quick service credits that day. :confused:

Also we may exchange some for dinner shows, Can anyone recommend from experience which ones to do, we quite fancy the Polynesian Luau
or Fantasmic package

snifflesmcg
09-02-2007, 02:41 PM
Hi

I have just amended my booking for our vacation next August to include the Disney dining plan for 14 days.

We have not used this before and don't know a great deal on how it works, but I have read the topics in info central which helps a lot.

We may not always have time for table service meals so can anyone tell me if you can use the table Service Meal Credits in quick service restaurants in addition to using the quick service credits that day. :confused:

Also we may exchange some for dinner shows, Can anyone recommend from experience which ones to do, we quite fancy the Polynesian Luau
or Fantasmic package

Let me tackle some of these questions for you.

First, the number of meals you get is decided on how many hotel nights you are staying. If you are 6 nights then you get 6 TS meals, 6 CS meals and 6 snacks (or in your case, 14). These can be used any way you wish. Let's say that you want to spend the whole day on the run at MK and spend a leisurly day at Epcot, then you can eat the CS meals at MK and TS meals at Epcot. If you wanna eat 6 TS meals in one day, that's fine too.

As far as the dinner shows, yes, you can trade these in as well. You can trade two of your TS meals for one dinner show. I haven't done any of the dinner shows.....yet. I have ADRs for the Spirit of Aloha myself.

Fantasmic packages work like this. If you get the Mama Melrose or Hollywood and Vine Fantasmic package, that only requires one TS meal but the Brown Derby requires two.

Happy Planning!

mrs.jacksparrow
09-02-2007, 04:39 PM
I check in on the 3rd. Can I use the DP that day or do I have to wait until the 4th?

Sorry I know stupid ??? But it is getting close and I realize I have these last minute ??

If we arrive at the hotel at 1:00 will they give us out DP vouchers or will we have to wait until 3???

disneymom2000
09-02-2007, 04:44 PM
You can start using them that day. Also it depends on how many nights you are staying not how many days. I found out the hard way when it was new. I was there 7 days/6 nights and thought I had 7 TS, 7 CS & 7 snacks but ran out too early on my 6th day. You have just so many but you can use them whenever you want.

magicofdisney
09-02-2007, 07:33 PM
I check in on the 3rd. Can I use the DP that day or do I have to wait until the 4th?

Sorry I know stupid ??? But it is getting close and I realize I have these last minute ??

If we arrive at the hotel at 1:00 will they give us out DP vouchers or will we have to wait until 3???
Last year we checked in around noon. They just happened to have our rooms ready. Even if the rooms aren't ready they will go ahead and give you the room key cards which have your tickets and DDP info on them. You can begin using them right away. :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-02-2007, 08:19 PM
This vacation will be my first time using the DDP and I was wondering what others thoughts were.

These are what we have so far:
21-Chefs de France (dinner)
22-Raglan Road (dinner)
23-Tony's Town Square (lunch)
24-Spoodles (dinner)
25-
26-
27-Crystal Palace (breakfast) and Ohana's (dinner)
28-Biergarten (dinner)
29-Coral Reef (lunch)
30-Rose and Crown (dinner)

We'll probably eat at WPC too. I love the pumpkin ravioli there. We've eaten at Raglan Road, O'hana's and Biergarten. Does anyone have any menu recommendations for any of these other restaurants?

Also is there any where else that you like to eat that you recommend? How is Shutters? Turf Club? Whispering Canon? Marrakesh? L'Originale? What do you eat when you go to one of these places?

I think we are going to save our snacks for the F&WF. So many of items sound great.

Thanks!