PDA

View Full Version : Attention Wilderness Lodgers: Question

Nicki'sMom
09-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Ok, for those of you who have stayed in WL, I just called the resort to see if there was a microwave available by Roaring Forks to warm up milk for my daughter and the CM told me there was one down there and also one in the rooms? Is this true? I was unaware that standard rooms had a microwave. Can anyone confirm this for me so I can leave the bottle warmer at home? Thanks

wdw_bound
09-02-2007, 12:00 PM
We had a small microwave and refrigerator in our room. I couldn't remember for sure, but everyone else in the family says yes.

Nicki'sMom
09-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Great, thanks so much! We leave tomorrow! :rocks:

anewvision
09-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Ok, for those of you who have stayed in WL, I just called the resort to see if there was a microwave available by Roaring Forks to warm up milk for my daughter and the CM told me there was one down there and also one in the rooms? Is this true? I was unaware that standard rooms had a microwave. Can anyone confirm this for me so I can leave the bottle warmer at home? Thanks

Since when do you warm a babys bottle in a
microwave?

Nicki'sMom
09-02-2007, 12:34 PM
For anewvision- As a reminder to you, INTERCOT is for positive feedback and criticism unrelated to Disney is inappropriate.:offtopic::nono:
Just so you know, it is a glass Gerber baby bottle that we use in the microwave to avoid microwaving plastic. We then pour it into our 3 year old's sippy cup before bed.

vamaggie
09-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Slightly off topic: Do all the deluxes now have microwaves in the rooms? We were at the WL in 04 and there were not microwaves in the rooms. We are staying at Poly in Nov and if there is a microwave in the room it will alter our packing/dining plans. TIA!!!

buzznwoodysmom
09-02-2007, 12:54 PM
We've stayed at WL twice and neither time did we have a microwave. The first time was in 04, but the last time was this past Feb. and I know that there definitely was no microwave. You may want to call back a verify this information.

And this is just a side note, I don't mean to offend anyone by. You really aren't supposed to heat any liquid you are serving to a baby/child in a microwave. Microwaves heat liquid unevenly and there could be "hotspots" that could cause burns. I took several parenting/baby classes when I was pregnant with my first child and this was mentioned in all classes, as well as in just about every baby book I read. I also helped out with the new mom classes at a hospital I worked at and this was something that was always mentioned. Again, I don't mean to offend, just thought I'd share incase you were unaware of the potential for burns.

Nicki'sMom
09-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Good question vamaggie, this would be really good to know because I will bring instant oatmeal and things like that with me. Hopefully an Intercot staff member will come along and answer this question for you. :mickey:

Nicki'sMom
09-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Thank you for your concern Denise and we are very careful and shake up the liquid before we serve it. It is barely lukewarm.

susie & perla's mom
09-02-2007, 01:09 PM
Since when do you warm a babys bottle in a
microwave?

i use the microwave to warm up my baby's bottle. but i do it half & half. i microwave 4oz milk for 45 seconds, then i add another 4oz cold milk in the bottle = not too hot, not too cold, it's just right...

Nicki'sMom
09-02-2007, 01:13 PM
OK,just called back to Wilderness Lodge and they said the microwaves are available upon request. The Cm said to just call "0" upon checking in and if one is available they will bring one up for us at no extra charge. She said there is a microwave in the common area for use too. :D

anewvision
09-02-2007, 02:18 PM
For anewvision- As a reminder to you, INTERCOT is for positive feedback and criticism unrelated to Disney is inappropriate.:offtopic::nono:
Just so you know, it is a glass Gerber baby bottle that we use in the microwave to avoid microwaving plastic. We then pour it into our 3 year old's sippy cup before bed.

I was just asking a QUESTION Nicki'sMom. But
thanks buzznwoodysmom

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2007, 03:01 PM
1) There is a microwave in Roaring Fork.
2) They used to have (3) microwaves for rooms.
3) They no longer have them for room use.
4) We sited health and liability reasons for no microwaves.

NOTE: This information is EXACTLY 7-months old. If someone goes and gets one, please email me so my info remains up-to-date.

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 12:24 PM
I just stayed there in May/June of this year and we did not have a microwave either... We did have a mini fridge, but no microwave....

Disney Maniac
09-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I have stayed at the WL in 2006 and did not have a microwave in the room. There was one in Roaring Fork. Good Luck!!!