PDA

View Full Version : Question for resort CMs

PNWmom
09-02-2007, 11:12 AM
I've read some disturbing reports on the condition and housekeeping of some of the resorts. My question is: If you have a problem with the condition of your room what are the proper steps to go through to get the problem resolved?

Do you leave a note for the housekeeper?
Do you call or go in person to the front desk? If so who do you ask to speak with?

I'm not expecting any problems but would like to be prepared with the proper protocol.

Thanks,

TheRustyScupper
09-02-2007, 03:09 PM
1) Yes, there are housekeeping issues.
. . . can't hire enough
. . . they are using temp-agency maids
. . . they are significantly understaffed

2) If you have a problem, ask for the Housekeeping Manager.
3) It is her job to keep things rolling well.
4) They will straighten out the problem(s).
5) If they can't solve problem, as for the Resort General Manager.

NOTE: The Housekeeping Manager is a member of the GM's direct staff, just like the Food Manager (eateries), Guest Services Manager (Front Desk and Concierge), Maintenance Manager, etc.

magicofdisney
09-02-2007, 03:18 PM
During our trip in May, we had housekeeping problems we've never experienced before. I first contacted housekeeping management. After waiting for nearly two hours for a return phone call, I then contacted the front desk. We were comped monetarily and the front desk CM handled it quite pleasantly. I've heard the staffing is an issue right now for housekeeping. One night they needed to send the night staff (all 2 of them) to change our bedding. They were super nice ladies. I felt that management (overall) did a more than satisfactory job of making up for the minor inconveniences we suffered.

#1donaldfan
09-02-2007, 09:59 PM
I had no idea....we just came back from POR and I didn't see any problems.......I'm glad for that......I may have been too tired to notice.....we are rarley in the room and only to shower and sleep......I'm glad our mousekeeper was good....don't know what I'd do if she wasn't......

Nate's Grandpa
09-02-2007, 10:17 PM
There are some hotels near Disney that are now offering a "no housekeeping" option for a small discount on the room price.

I am curious to know if this is being considered at the Disney resorts.

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2007, 07:46 PM
There are some hotels near Disney that are now offering a "no housekeeping" option for a small discount on the room price. I am curious to know if this is being considered at the Disney resorts.

1) For the premium price that WDW charges, I doubt it.
2) People would not take a small discount for no service.
3) For a Holiday Inn, sure, for a WDW resort, no way.
4) Should I say for a non-DVC point room, no way.