PDA

View Full Version : Questions about LTT

Tx. Mom
09-02-2007, 01:59 AM
We are going on first WDW trip in Jan. 08. I'm very excited about all of our ADRs except one.:confused: We would like to eat at MK the night of the EMH, so we don't have to leave the park that evening. It seems everyone raves about LTT, however, the menu just doesn't appeal to me--limited choices. There are 6 in the family, and only two like mac and cheese. So here are my questions for you!
1. Can i just order a salad OOP? I hate to waste a TS credit when i won't eat much that night. It is my understanding you can't share credits, especially when it is family style or buffet.
2, Is there another MK TS restaurant you would recommend? We really aren't picky eaters, LTT just sounds like school cafeteria food to me!:blush:

Thanks!

DizneyRox
09-02-2007, 07:02 AM
My experiences with LTT have been great. If we do decide to muddle through MK, LTT is the restaurant of choice. We've been known to just head there for a meal.

I have found the meals there very tasty. It's basically a traditional Turkey Day meal. The mac and cheese wasn't the best part of the meal IMHO, but it's pretty good. I wouldn't compare it to cafeteria food by any meals.

Natazu
09-02-2007, 07:06 AM
Welcome to INTERCOT.

1) At dinner, LTT doesn't offer a la carte items. You MAY be able to talk a manager into selling you a salad off the lunch menu but I wouldn't count on it. You can tell them you aren't eating and they won't charge you, then grab something light at a counter service place.

2) There really isn't a MK TS restaurant I recommend. Tony's isn't bad. Crystal Palace is ok for a buffet. For what it's worth, the LTT dinner is pretty good.

lgeandme
09-02-2007, 08:34 AM
We went for dinner on our last trip. From what I remember we had a salad at the beginning of the dinner that was very good and in abudance. Also the veges served were good. The atmosphere was rustic and fun. We enjoyed the experience.:mickey:

madenny
09-02-2007, 08:45 AM
Unless you a vegetarian, there are three meats to choose from: Roast beef, turkey and ham (none are soaked in gravy)(unlike in cafeteria). My DD loves the ham, stuffing and mac and cheese. I love the Strawberry Vinagrette salad. My stomach is growling just thinking about it.:cloud9:

Tx. Mom
09-02-2007, 11:52 AM
thanks for the help. i think I'll keep the ADR and try it out! :mickey:

vamaggie
09-02-2007, 12:52 PM
LTT was very much like a Thanksgiving meal. We really liked it because it gave you a variety of meats (and as stated above they were not loaded with gravy/sauce) and veggies and taters & mac & cheese. Our DD does not eat any meat that is not a breaded chicken product and she really wolfed down the mac & cheese. We are even taking my folks there when we go in Nov and my mom is a bit of a picky eater (doesn't like lots of sauce, no spicy stuff etc) It is also nice that it is not a buffet so the characters come to you (and they did hit our table quite frequently during dinner)

pixiesmimi
09-02-2007, 09:55 PM
I don't know if the lunch menu is the same as the dinner but we ate at LTT last week for lunch for our ADR. You could order from the menu and probably would be able to just get a salad OOP and not use a TS credit if you tell the server. I had the salad with the rasberry vinegrette dressing and it was wonderful. DH had the crab cake and he said it was very good. I had the pot roast and DH had the turkey. The plates were huge and most of it was mashed potatoes on the bottom with the meat on top. The portions were very big and we didn't eat even half of it. Then when the desert came, it was even bigger but very good! We enjoyed it and the atmosphere. I don't know how it changes for dinner.

bkfree
09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
We are one who has never raved about LTT:down:, in fact we think its pretty bad. I have never been able to understand the postive reviews:sick:.But we always eat at least one meal at Crystal Palace and have always had a wonderful meal, lots of variety, lots of things by two picky eaters will eat and lots of fun.:twocents:
Actually CP is the ONLY place we ever eat anything inside MK.:eat:
:mickey:

AuntiePeep
09-03-2007, 11:01 PM
I'm very sorry but we, too, cannot understand the rave reviews about LTT dinners. The foods are what you might get from a frozen food dinner as evidenced by the Stouffer sponsorship. We have eaten there for lunch and found it to be quite good but will never return for dinner. That being said, the atmosphere and character interaction is very fun and everyone should give it a try and decide for themselves. We love Crystal Palace, but know that not everyone shares that view.

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 12:54 AM
We haven't ate at the LTT so, I can't comment. I too didn't care to much for the menu items at LTT. We did eat breakfast at the CP this yr and didn't care for it and if that is any indication about how dinner might be I don't think I'll try it. We've eaten at Tony's for lunch and liked it quite well.
MK just doesn't have a lot of TS meals to choose from. What about going to downtown disney for an earlier dinner then head to MK to enjoy EMH?

#1donaldfan
09-04-2007, 12:32 PM
I would not ever go there....too many bad reviews for us.......