PDA

View Full Version : Solo Trip goers under 30?

SandmanGStefani24
09-01-2007, 11:41 PM
So after some looking and after some encouragement from the Mrs, a solo trip in early January is an extremely strong possibility! So, what I was wondering was are there any 30 and younger travelers who have gone solo at WDW lately? I am excited, but I've never gone on vacation alone before. Any tips, or experiences you care to share?

Beast_fanatic
09-02-2007, 01:55 PM
It's been several years since I've taken a solo trip, and I was definitely over 30 at the time, but I did have a very good time. You get to spend as much time as you want on any ride, show or distraction, eat when you want and what you want, etc.

I did spend some of my vacation with other INTERCOTees, so you might post something in the Meets forum (or check for existing threads) if you're interested in meeting up with others.

If you're uncomfortable dining at sit down spots alone, you can always study your park maps or itinerary while you wait for your meal. I took a small notebook that fit in my back pocket, and made notes for my trip report while I waited. The wait staff is usually pretty good with solo diners as well.

Hopefully some younger solo visitors will be along soon with more hints.

SandmanGStefani24
09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
thanks Beast Fanatic...

seriously, am I the youngest person here?:confused:

Beast_fanatic
09-02-2007, 09:45 PM
No, you're definitely not the youngest person here, and I doubt that you're the youngest that's gone on a solo trip. But, it is a holiday weekend, so it's entirely possible that the right people just haven't seen it yet.

BronxTigger
09-02-2007, 10:32 PM
Hi! I just returned on August 22 from a "solo" trip to WDW. I'm currently working on my trip reports; this past week and this upcoming week are quite possibly my busiest weeks of the entire year (I'm a teacher...we "launch" our school year on Tuesday.)

Anyways...I had a great time. The reason I said it was "solo" was because I have a CM friend that I spent a large amount of time with, so it was more a girls only trip than a solo trip.

The pros: you can do whatever you want, when you want to do it. You can use single-rider lines when available. You see different aspects of things because you are not focusing on conversations with your trip-mates. It's a good time to do tours you may be interested in.

The cons: It gets lonely! I only ate 2 TS meals; both were with my friend. I never felt funny being alone; although sometimes people do look at you a little funny when they ask "how many" and you say "one." Oh well.

Give it a try and see how you like it. See if you can meet up with other people you "know" from Intercot to break up the alone-ness of the trip.