PDA

View Full Version : Does Southwest provide Magical Exp. service to/from now?

coffeeyumm
09-01-2007, 10:56 PM
When we went to WDW in November of 2006, we flew Southwest, and upon arrival at airport we simply went to Disney World checkin desk and our luggage was taken care of... on the way BACK it wasn't picked up/packed or checked-in for us on the return. Is Southwest offering this yet? If not, when do you think it will be? We LOVED Magical Express, by the way! Only bummer besides having to check bags ourselves on return? We didn't get a 'video' to watch! OUR KIDS WERE SO EXCITED (and I was too!) when driving from MCO to hotel watching the video about Disney World! The ride back was so sad! My daughter (age 7) was almost crying, but I couldn't blame her because I was almost crying, too!!

rnin02
09-02-2007, 02:13 AM
Last time I checked, Southwest still wasn't letting you checkin baggage at the resort for the ride back to MCO. Wouldn't that be nice if they did? I almost cry when we leave WDW too, you aren't alone!

Piglet822
09-02-2007, 10:01 AM
Southwest is still not offering the luggage check in service for the return to the airport. I've heard rumors but nothing definite yet.

Most of the buses used for DME are now equipped with GPS systems and the videos are being shown to and from the airport. Before we were using DVD's and Videos and we would either run out of them, they would disappear, or they were damaged making it difficult for us (I'm a DME driver) to play them in either direction.

You could still get a bus that doesn't have the media to show because we do use DCL and black and yellow Mears buses (Mears owns and operates the DME and DCL buses) but the majority of the buses should be showing the movie.