PDA

View Full Version : best shopping at Disney World

rlittle1
09-01-2007, 09:33 PM
Getting ready to go to WDW. Thinking of getting some Christmas shopping done there. Any input on best places to get gifts and/or bargains? Are all the prices pretty consistant at all parks, and do most have same products. Just don't want to spend everything in one spot!! Thanks

snifflesmcg
09-01-2007, 09:58 PM
I like to go to DTD and do shopping there. I have to say two of my favorite shops there are the Christmas shop (forget what it's called) and the "Everything under $10". At least you know in advance that no little trinket will cost you 50 bucks.

BronxTigger
09-01-2007, 09:59 PM
The prices are pretty consistent throughout the parks. Most of the generic WDW merchandise is available at Downtown Disney at the World of Disney store there. However, if it is something that is park-specific (such as an Animal Kingdom shirt), then it will only be available at that park.

Another difference you may see is certain offers that are available if you purchase x amount of dollars. For example, the World of Disney was offering a special photo for $15 if you spent $55 at their store.

But, if you see something you really want, it's best to grab it then, in case you don't see it again somewhere else. You can have it shipped to the park exit to pick up later, your resort if you are staying on-site, or even home to your house. (And don't forget: no liquids in carry-ons, including snow globes and perfumes, etc)

Tink#64
09-12-2007, 11:28 PM
My fav's for shopping are:

Mousegear in Epcot

County Bounty, Emporium & Uptown Jewelers in MK

World of Disney & The Christmas Shop in DTD

But I'll shop anywhere and everywhere in WDW!:shop:

Scotcelebrity
09-13-2007, 09:35 AM
World of Disney and the Christmas Shop are my favorites! I forgot what it is called but in DTD they have a store that sells all things Disney for your home. I love it because I can use this stuff everyday and remember the magic from my trip.:mickey:

martinfamily5
09-13-2007, 11:39 AM
I love Mouse Gears in Epcot and there is one at MGM but I can't remember the name of it. It is on Hollywood Blvd and Vine on the left. They aren't inexpensive, I just love them.

IloveDisney71
09-13-2007, 08:07 PM
My two favorites at at DTD. The Christmas shop and World of Disney are must sees (or must shops:)) for me every trip.
Happy Shopping!:mickey:

DisneyAndRedSox
09-14-2007, 06:44 AM
Do you have a car to go off property? We never miss the Disney World Outlets, they go by the names "Character Connection, Character Warehouse, Character Premiere", etc... They are hit-or-miss, I have found great things and lousy things. One is located in the Orlando Premium Outlets and the other is in the Prime Outlets (formerly Belz Outlets) all the way up at the end of International Drive. There used to be two of them there but with the renovations to the mall I think there is only one now.

Before my wedding I found character backpacks there dirt-cheap. I made 'activity bags' for the kids in my wedding party and left it at their seats at the reception to keep them occupied.

DisneyDudet
09-14-2007, 09:55 PM
Any of the big stores at the parks are pretty great, as well as World of Disney. I also like the Art of Disney, but that can get expensive.

If you happen to find an item on sale in a store, I suggest buying it up very quickly! I got a HUGE Pluto plush one year for $15 at one of the shops at DTD, and everywhere else I saw it, it was around $40, and no where else had it on sale.

We've come across a lot of sale items like this, so, just because it is on sale in one place, does not mean it is at another.

SandmanGStefani24
09-18-2007, 10:31 PM
shopping in the World Showcase is the BEST! there's nothing better than being to give something so unique, that one would have to leave the mainland to get something like it! i love to shop at the WS for myself and others. the gifts are always unique and great conversation starters. i recommend a look in each store, as you're bound to find thousands of neat gifts. :marg:

The Hitchhiking Ghost
09-20-2007, 05:11 PM
Being a guy I love the Team Mickey Athletic store in DTD. Here you can get themed sports merchandise like team mickey football/hockey/baseball jerserys, ESPN merchandise, NASCAR stuff, golf shirts and accesorries. It's a great store, and it's hard to find this merchandise in other stores, much less all under one roof like it is here.

Otherwise I agree with others, Mousegear at EPCOT is by far one of the best in-park stores.

If you have a Disney Visa I believe you can get a 10% discount (don't actually have to use the card, just present it) at the World of Disney store in DTD. I believe this is the only store that will give you the discount, even if it's the exact same merchandise.

tiaramom
09-20-2007, 06:57 PM
I Love Purchasing My Daughter
A Princess Theme Item At Magic Kingdom
The Shop Is In Fantastyland- Its Always Closed Off During Firworks. I Do Most Of My Shopping For Holidays Ay Dtd
As Far As Gifts And Such- And They Ship To My Home So I Dont Have To Carry Those Fragile Items. Great Shoppes In Dtd. I Really Enjoying An Evening Of Shopping Epcot Too. I Love World Showcase For Really Original Gifts . I Enjoy Japan Very Much. I Always Get Tea- Candies And Little Dolls For My Daughter Here. Its Fun!!!!
I Love To Shop And Can Find The Best Shopping Anywhere. I Also Like Pop Centurys Gift Shop It Is Big And Filled With Lots Of Great Items. So Much To Shop So Little Time And Money..lol

Experiment626
09-21-2007, 10:21 AM
Ill agree with everyone that says World Showcase. There is no better place in the world to get unique items. Instead of the same ol Mickey stuff you can get in every other shop on property, the world showcase stuff is very unique.

Especially if the person you are buying for is not a huge Disney fan. Whenever I need to get a gift for someone I drive over to Epcot and I always find something special.:mickey:

dumbo ears
09-21-2007, 08:55 PM
probably DTD

CandleontheWater
09-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I also love WOD! Its such a great store, you can just get lost in there and spend all your vacation money fast! You have to spend $50 to get the 10% Disney Visa discount, but hey, its not that hard!