PDA

View Full Version : Which is best MK Counter Service: Pecos Bills, Pinochio Haus or Tommorowland Terrace?

Alpha Jeanie
09-01-2007, 08:19 PM
We are trying to decide which Counter Service to eat at when we are at the Magic Kingdom. Which do you think is the best Counter Service in the Magic Kingdom, Pecos Bills, Pinocchio Haus or Tommorland Terrace Noodle Station.

It will just be 2 adults on this trip, so no picky kids to worry about.

Please let me know what you like and dislike about all 3.

Thanks for any info.:mickey:

Kairi_7378
09-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Peco Bills has some decent burgers, wraps, salads, and pulled pork sandwiches. DH has eaten there on every trip. It gets pretty crowded at lunchtimes so try to hit it around 11 or after 1.
I thought that Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station was VERY mediocre Chinese food. Very bland. I was very disappointed because the Unofficial Guide highly recommended it.

disneymom15
09-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Didn't care for noodle station either. Like Pecos Bills. How about Cosmic Rays?

Samtastic
09-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Go to PB! I really enjoyed my meal there last year. Definately including it in my next trip!

Eeyore's My Favorite
09-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Pecos Bill for sure!!! We try to eat there every time we're at MK - there is so much food that we normally split the lunch.

We've eaten @ Pinochio's but prefer PB.

Enjoy your trip!! :mickey:

Pirate Granny
09-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I pick Pinocchio Haus...mostly for the atmosphere...and that's without children...I love to sit in the window and watch the boats sail by going into it's a small world...I have great memories with the kids and grandparents in the same seats...and then once, we were lucky enough to hit it when it was very crowded and got to sit in the balcony on the second floor and it was great to people watch (not with children as it's a bit tight up there)...I love the little pizza's that we get there...I do like Peco's Bill...the hamburger station is great...have eaten on the other side (Pirate Theme) but that's only open during the holidays or busy times. Never at at the Noodle place...never seem many good reviews there...

Have a wonderful time:pirate:

mermaidmarian
09-02-2007, 08:20 AM
Pecos Bills. We always eat there when at MK. The burgers are really good but the chicken salad with rice vinegar dressing is fantastic!

mac badger
09-02-2007, 08:52 AM
i say go for pecos bills. we like the toppings bat for the burger and also the salad (though they put a lot of dressing on it)
dont waste your time with the noodle station. when it first opened up is was great, with a larger menu and some more adventurous choices. then they retooled the menu to be more bland and i found it inedible-worse than mall chinese. i was so disappointed because it had been so good

LudwigVonDrake
09-02-2007, 10:35 AM
Go with Pecos Bill :cowboy:

Cosmic Rays, while not on your list, ain't so bad either plus you get to listen to the Intergalactic stylings of Sonny Eclipse :piano:

AdventurerKim
09-02-2007, 03:19 PM
We hit Pecos Bill's once a trip for burgers and chili cheese fries, a luxury we only get at WDW. We also like the Columbia Harbor House for clam chowder and chicken strips. :mickey:

Red Randal
09-02-2007, 04:35 PM
I've never been to the Noodle Station and I know Pecos Bill's toppings bar gets rave reviews but my favorite MK counter service is, without a doubt, Columbia Harbour House.

Half a Starboard Deck sandwich and cup of New England Clam Chowder is one of my favorite counter service/fast food meals ANYWHERE, let alone Disney World. If you've never been there, try it out, it's top notch. (Another tip, head upstairs for a bunch of seating areas nobody knows about that offer great people watching!)

disneymom2000
09-02-2007, 04:51 PM
Can't wait to get back and lunch at Pinocchio's Haus. The atmosphere is very nice. I have eaten at Pecos Bill's and like the food very much but it was always so crowded.

magicofdisney
09-02-2007, 07:16 PM
I LOVE the chicken wrap at Pecos Bills. Also, they grill their burger buns, Cosmic Rays does not (at least they've never grilled ours). :mickey:

SBETigg
09-02-2007, 07:26 PM
We like Pecos Bill. The Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station was closed last week during our trip and I'm not sure of the official status but it looked like a permanent closure. It wasn't all that good anyway.

pixiesmimi
09-02-2007, 09:45 PM
We usually eat at Pinochio's Haus and Pecos Bill's when we are there and like both. We also liked Cosmic Ray's. We haven't tried the other one. I don't know that I like one better than the other. It just depends on where we are when we stop for a meal.

LandFan
09-03-2007, 12:23 AM
i say go for pecos bills. we like the toppings bat for the burger and also the salad (though they put a lot of dressing on it)
dont waste your time with the noodle station. when it first opened up is was great, with a larger menu and some more adventurous choices. then they retooled the menu to be more bland and i found it inedible-worse than mall chinese. i was so disappointed because it had been so good

I agree to both things! Pecos Bills rocks and the noodle station USED TO rock - now it's just yuck! I also agree with other posters that Cosmic Rays has pretty darn good food (half a chicken plate) and great entertainment :D with good old Sonny Eclipse!

FaithTrustPixieDust
09-03-2007, 10:51 AM
Didn't I hear or read somewhere that the Noodle Station was closing for good?

I just love Pinnochio's Village Haus because of the atmosphere. It gives us a good oppportunity to sit and relax while watching the Small World boats. That keeps the kids entertained long enough for us to have a calm meal and regain our momentum.

I love the upstairs tips that other people have posted- we'll have to check that out on our next trip.

Jared
09-03-2007, 10:54 AM
Though it's not on your list, my favorite counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbour House. Check the menu and see if the selections appeal to your family.

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 11:31 AM
I like Pecos Bills....

BluewaterBrad
09-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Pecos Bills ets my vote. The fixings bar for your cheeseburger has fresh lettuce, tomatoe, mushrooms, onions, etc!!:mickey:

teambricker04
09-03-2007, 03:12 PM
Personally, I like Cosmic Rays (Sonny Eclipse and his, as stated, Intergalactic stylings are great!). But, if you are on the other side of the park, I would do PB. :)

DisneyDudet
09-03-2007, 11:32 PM
We like Cosmic Ray's. We've found it to have ample seating, even on Party nights around official closing time. The fixin's bar is great, and you can get Corn Dog Nuggets!!!

We've wanted to try Pecos Bill's, but its always been too crowded. I REALLY want to try El Pirata y El Perico, but its never open.

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 12:37 AM
We have never ate at Pecos Bills or Noodle Station. Noodle Station is always closed and Pecos Bill's was crowded. We ate at Cosmic Rays and loved what we had there and Pinnocchio Village was good and we've also ate at Columbia Harbour House and it was very good. DD's (8 & 15 )loved the clam chowder and the fish baskets. I don't think you could go wrong with whatever you choose.
Each yr we've gone we've tried to eat somewhere different so we could have our own opinion about the food.

MinnieMommie
09-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Of the ones you list I like both Pecos Bill and Pinochio. However my fav CS at MK is Columbia Harbor House. Great tasting food and nice atmosphere. Remember to check out the upstairs where there is also seating. :mickey:

goofysbabe
09-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Pecos Bills it is love the bugers & fixins bar!! - BUT have you thought of Cosmic Rays??? It's my favorite and they have such a varity all in one place. It's my favorite CS place at MK.

jenperich
09-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Pecos Bill for sure! They have some healthy food there too.

lightyearfan
09-04-2007, 12:53 PM
well we would reccommend going to Pinochio Haus, they have a good selection of food to choose from the atmosphere is very WDW. we cant comment on the others since we never been to either, we would love to try Pecos but everytime that we try to it is sooo overcrowed, but maybe next June (08). you may want to buy the Birbaums Book of Walt Disney World Resturants, we bought it 2 years ago and it helps out allot, because out TS meals are set in stone pretty much, but our lunches are always CS meals so when it whatever park that were in for that day we just resort to our book. now it's nice and small so you can fit the book pretty much anywhere without being an issue. man i'm rambling on sorry

Enjoy
Victor

Disney Doll
09-04-2007, 01:55 PM
I really like Cosmic Rays, but out of your choices I'd recommend Peco's Bills. I didn't care much for the food at noodle station. Both Peco's Bills and Pinocchio Haus can get extremely crowded, but I think the crowds are worse at Pinocchio Haus- right in the middle of Fantasyland with hungry, screaming kiddos all around. It's just so stressful in there. With Pinocchio Haus or Peco's Bills I'd try for late morning or late afternoon when most other people are not eating.

jwallace378
09-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Pecos Bills for sure

EvilQueen2006
09-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Another vote for "none of the above." My favorite CS is Columbia Harbor House. The lighthouse sandwich, clam chowder, chicken strips and fried fish are all very good. Some of the other sandwiches look good there too, but I have yet to try them.

Followthatmouse
09-04-2007, 07:49 PM
Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bills are favorites.

We love lunch at CHH, their chowder in particular.

We tend to eat early or late at Pecos Bill's to avoid the inevitable peak meal crush. We enjoy the cheese burgers and wraps are a nice choice if you simply cannot face another burger. Their fixin's bar really hits the spot. My DM has a thing for the sauteed mushrooms.

wdwfansince75
09-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Since our first visit in 75, the lower level of the terrace has been our "designated meeting place." It had become crowded, but since they changed the menu to the "really gross, really wilted, really small" noodle concoction, and related stuff, the crowds have thinned out quite a bit. We now get food from Casey's, and take it to the terrace for casual dining while waiting for the clan to gather.

We still miss the Teriyaki Burgers they once served in Adventureland. Pecos Bill is good, as is Pinochio's. Columbia House serves good food, and always has a quiet nook for a relaxing meal. Most of clan also likes Cosmic Ray's, but DW and I never really liked either the food, or the noise. DW and I also like to take a break by having lunch at the Plaza if the wait isn't too bad....know that isn't counter service, but the food is good, and not much more than CS if you are paying OOP.

Polynesian Dweller
09-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Glad to see some others thought the Noodle Station was good when it first opened. That's the only time it has been open for us so can't comment on it going downhill, but can believe it.

Pecos Bill would be my choice of the 3. But like others, I'd suggest looking into Cosmic Rays which we actually prefer.

GrmGrninGost
09-04-2007, 10:16 PM
Cosmic Ray's for me! I love Sonny Eclipse! :mickey: Plus they have an excellent selection!

Beast_fanatic
09-05-2007, 12:14 AM
Though it's not on your list, my favorite counter service restaurant in the Magic Kingdom is Columbia Harbour House. Check the menu and see if the selections appeal to your family.

Mine too! I always get the fish basket - it's yummy!

AmberB
09-05-2007, 04:54 PM
I've only eaten at Pinocchio Haus, Cosmic Ray's, and El Pirata y Perico in the MK. All three were very good. With ADRs I feel like so much of our dining is planned, so we try not to plan our TS meals. We make a note of the TS restaurants we think we would like in each park and wait to pick the one we're going to eat at when we're actually there. That way we can decide based on what we're close to or just what we feel like eating. :mickey:

Alpha Jeanie
03-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Any updated info about these counter service restaurants?

TinkerbellT421
03-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Another vote for "none of the above." My favorite CS is Columbia Harbor House. The lighthouse sandwich, clam chowder, chicken strips and fried fish are all very good. Some of the other sandwiches look good there too, but I have yet to try them.

:ditto:
DBF had had the fried fish before. My long time favorite is the chicken strip combo and a bowl of chowdah (in RI accent)

mydisneygirls
03-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Another vote for Columbia Harbour House. My daughter and I share a fish and shrimp plate (more than enough for the 2 of us) and my other daughter gets the chicken strips. We love it there.

Tinkerbella16
03-29-2012, 10:56 AM

Touche! Columbia Harbour House is also my favorite.. the tuna with lettuce tomato on toasted whole grain bread is the BEST! Pecos Bills would be a close second.. the fixin's bar is great! :mickey:

MstngDrvnDsnyLvr
03-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Columbia Harbor House - one of the better CS meals in my humble opinion...and sitting upstairs is a nice little gem.

Cosmic Rays - decent burger (for CS) and the atmosphere is just fun. Good fixin's bar.

Pinocchio's Village Haus - if you can get upstairs it has the over look on the Small World boats - only place in the MK that serves Pizza, meatball sandwich isn't the worst out there.

Also, if you like hot dogs - look for Casey's Corner - not too bad for a park hot dog.

Disney Doll
03-29-2012, 05:18 PM
Columbia Harbor House is my favorite MK counter service, but Peco's Bills would be my choice from the options you are considering.

joonyer
03-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Columbia Harbor House is one of my two favorite CS places in all the "world". The other is Flame Tree BBQ at AK. But of those the OP asked about, we like Pecos Bill's the best. My teenage boys especially like it.

CuteAsMinnie
03-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Both Pecos Bill and Pinocchio are good with a similar atmosphere with Pecos Bill being larger. We love them both. I've never seen the Noodle Station open.

:mickey:

Fastpasssteve
03-30-2012, 03:12 AM
Of those you listed, I would go to Pecos Bill's. I get a big ol' burger and fried...then I go to the fixins bar. So many options. Cheese, cheese sauce, lettuce, onions, bbq sauce, sauteed mushrooms...yum!

However, I must say that my favorite counterservice in MK is the Columbia Harbour House. It is located on the way from the Haunted Mansion up the incline towards Fantasyland. It is on the right. It has tasty food...and some of it is even healthy!

ElenitaB
04-01-2012, 07:09 PM
No doubt that the sandwiches at CHH are pretty darn good (both the hummus and the tuna). It's also much easier to get a seat than at Pecos Bill's or Cosmic Ray's, so that's another reason we prefer it.

The Tomorrowland Noodle Station continues to only open during peak seasons, and serves as the location for the evening Wishes Dessert Party.

chefmickey3
04-01-2012, 09:49 PM
Of those three, Peco's Bill. The toppings bar is worth the trip! Our favorite in MK is Columbia Harbour House.

DizNee143
04-02-2012, 09:42 AM
We love Pecos Bills!!
We use to always go to Pinocchios until they changed the menu some years back..
Now it's always Pecos Bills! Yumm..:mickey:

Quadstriker
04-02-2012, 01:23 PM
Go to Columbia Harbor House.

Sit upstairs.

People don't like taking strollers upstairs.

BOOM! You win.

olivegirl
04-02-2012, 02:36 PM
No question about it for us....Pecos Bill !!!!! We eat here every time we are in Disney!!! Never had a problem...great food and always clean!! We will be in Disney in 7 dyas and will def be eating here!!! :thumbsup:

AmandaChan
04-02-2012, 06:20 PM
If tomorrowland terrace is anything like it was a few years ago, I would never go back. I heard they changed some things around though.

Pinocchio haus was okay. DH and I probably would have never went there when it was just us, but DS likes spaghetti/italian type stuff so we ended up eating there twice last trip and it was decent.

never had peco bills.

i like tortunga tavern (sp) but apparently it's hard to find open

my favorite is columbia harbor house though. mmmm

Mickey'sGirl
04-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Columbia Harbor House. The food is very very good, and we love to sit upstairs.

Quadstriker
04-02-2012, 11:25 PM
If tomorrowland terrace is anything like it was a few years ago, I would never go back. I heard they changed some things around.

The burgers are still horribad. Stick to harbor house.

slegrant
04-03-2012, 08:47 AM
You can't go wrong with Pecos Bill's or Pinochio's. But my favorite is Columbia Harbour House. Love the fish n chips:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
04-03-2012, 10:50 AM
What about Columbia Harbor House? It is something all three of us where able to agree on last trip...they have fried shrimp, fried fish, chicken strips etc....

#1donaldfan
04-03-2012, 12:44 PM
Pecos Bills is great !!! Can't go wrong....I would like to throw another vote in for columbia harbor house ..... just in case you want some fish n chips !!!:thumbsup:

Mickey'sGirl
04-03-2012, 01:14 PM
Actually one of the things that we like best about Columbia Harbor House is that there are options other than french fries (My oldest son and I don't care for them). My youngest son LOVES the shrimp and chips. :thumbsup:

Mary Chase
04-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Never had tomorrowland terrace - always closed when we go. But Pecos Bill would be my pick if I didn't have to consider kids.

AmandaChan
04-05-2012, 03:27 PM
The burgers are still horribad. Stick to harbor house.

I just remember the noodles, and it was not pleasant. I also hated how they had that huge picture of a bunch of awesome asian food (sushi and all) then they served like 3 variations of a noodle bowl. I never understood that.

also i love the hummus sandwich at harbor house. and the tuna sandwich... also they have a lobster roll, i know dh got it once but i don't remember what it was like

AJ Springfield
04-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Pecos Bills gets my vote. I like the ambiance of Pinochio Haus (drawings from the movie and the window into Small World), but the food is mediocre. I wasn't crazy about Cosmic Rays (seemed greasy the evening we were there). We are trying Columbia Harbour House this year for a change -- looking forward to it!!!

goofy89
04-05-2012, 11:00 PM
Out of the ones you listed I would definitely say Pecos Bill. However, I am also a huge fan of Cosmic Ray's which was not on your list.

MrPeetrie
04-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Pecos Bills and Cosmic Rays are neck-and-neck for which one I like better. Both are great. Pinnochio Haus is right behind them.

Ate at Tomorrowland Terrace once and only once. No plans to go back. Ever.

Columbia House would be included in this mix, but last time we ate there the Starboard Deck sandwich was off the menu. Too sad to return.

BIGDOG
05-22-2012, 07:46 PM
Just eat at all 3 that's what we do when we can't decide, but then again that's why I'm the Bigdog.

minnie-mouse
05-23-2012, 12:56 PM
Cosmic Ray's beats those all by a mile! More choices, huge seating area, and Sonny eclippse for entertainment!

MyDisneyworld
05-23-2012, 05:25 PM
If you are lucky enough to find El Pirata y el Perico open go! Last October it was finally open when we were there and we really enjoyed it. We were walking by in the morning right after the park opened and were like what is that smell and sure enough they were cooking the food to open for lunch. YES! It was very good and the kids really enjoyed it.
As others have posted the CHH is really good and must do if the above is not open.

Enjoy.......