PDA

View Full Version : late evening transportation

Ronni
09-01-2007, 06:52 PM
I am staying at ASSp in mid September and want to make ADL's for late evening (9pm) at O'hana's. I'm thinking I'd need to hop the Monorail back tp MK and catch a bus to my resort. How late do the buses run? :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-01-2007, 11:39 PM
I think the buses run for an hour after the parks close.

LudwigVonDrake
09-02-2007, 10:41 AM
When you call for your ADR, ask the cast member just to cover yourself. The buses run until there is no one left in the parks. They don't leave anyone behind.

mook3y
09-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Last year, we did the illuminations cruise at Epcot. After we were done, they dropped us off at MGM and we walked to the bus stop for POR.

There were no other vactioners in view, but shortly after we got to the bus stop, a van pulled up and the driver told us that a bus would be by momentarily.

They know people are having meals and other activities and might need transportation fairly late.

I doubt you will have any issues getting back to your resort after dinner.

You can also always just grab a cab if you want to get back quickly.

DisneyCrazyET
09-02-2007, 03:33 PM
You can also ride a bus to DTD and then to ASSP.

Jared
09-02-2007, 04:03 PM
Save the Downtown Disney plan if no park is open. The buses run from Downtown Disney seemingly all night, but that strategy could easily take an hour.

Check the park schedules. If any are open, take the bus or monorail there. The transportation runs until everybody is gone.

Red Randal
09-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Your best bet is a cab. A deluxe resort like the Poly will have them around all the time (and, even if they don't, they can call one.)

If you don't want to spend money on a cab (and I really wouldn't unless I absolutely had to) then your next best bet is finding an open park MK and Epcot are preferable because of the ease of taking the Monorail there from the Poly. It is unlikely transportation to Epcot will be running once you're done with dinner, though, since Epcot closes at 9 (unless there is an evening EMH scheduled.)

The next, last, and worst case scenario is taking a bus to Downtown Disney and then to your resort. You WILL get back to the resort that way but a 1 to 2 hour trip is not out of the question.