PDA

View Full Version : Another Northwest ?

Bluesky481
09-01-2007, 11:59 AM
I will be traveling to WDW with some friends and family on Jan.22 and am looking for reasonable airfare. I happened upon an NWA round-trip flight for $120 (including taxes!:party:) this morning.

We will be flying out of Indianapolis, and I'm wondering if anyone else can relay their experiences with flying NWA out of the IND airport. (or surrounding airports)

I would prefer to take direct flights, and looking at the flight itineraries, it would seem that NWA or SWA are our best bets. The only problem is that SWA is close to triple the cost of NWA right now.
So, do I snag the NWA flight now? Or wait to see if SWA fares go down? I don't want to get stuck paying a ton of money for a ticket because I waited too long (my sister, who will also be going on the trip, is a "poor college student" and needs to keep her costs down)...but I've also heard mixed reviews about NWA and want to take that into consideration as well.

So...what would you do??

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!:D

dmallan
09-01-2007, 12:30 PM
I flew NWA from Buffalo to Indy and back this past summer. No problem either way.
I was concerned because I'd heard of the problems they'd had with so many cancelations, but we were ok. We actually had a connecting flight in Detroit - I found out there is no such thing as a non stop from Buffalo to Indy!

Good luck - I'd get the $120 fares now while you can!! Sounds like a good deal.

packofjedis
09-01-2007, 02:24 PM
We flew Northwest last October Indy to Jacksonville, and coming back Orlando to Indy. They cancelled our flight 4 days before we were supposed to leave and tried to put us on a flight that didn't arrive until after midnight. When I tried to change that the only other option was a flight that left at 7 a.m.

We are flying Airtran this year and found a great deal Indy to Orlando. You might want to check them out. They have cancelled our flight one time, but they put us on another non-stop flight at a reasonable time.

Bluesky481
09-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Well...good or bad, I went ahead and booked with Northwest last night for the $100 round-trip tickets ($120 with taxes/fees). When I checked the prices today, the same tickets were up to $186!! What a difference a day makes!

Since both of our flights are scheduled to depart early in the day, I'm feeling pretty good about the situation.

Wish me luck! Keeping my fingers crossed that NWA pulls through and provides on-time flights for our trip:fingers:

karenrarintogo
09-02-2007, 05:01 PM
I think you got an incredible deal from NW. I have checked prices on NW many times in past years, and I couldn't believe you got that deal.
I even looked it up myself on NW's site,and you were RIGHT!
We have been very unhappy with NW the last 2 flights so we switched to another airline (very lengthy plane repairs and a cancelled flight). We have also been moderately unhappy with other flights with them. We consistently are delayed due to plane repairs. Fortunately most of these flights were nonstop, so we didn't need to worry about missing a connection.
That said, if NW would offer a rate near what you got where I live (several hours north of you), I would have grabbed it. For the exact same date, our flight was well over $300--which I expected--and it wasn't nonstop.

teambricker04
09-02-2007, 09:40 PM
I think you should be fine on NW from Indy. They are really expanding their routes from IND and so the likelyhood of something happening is slim . PLUS, the flights for NW seemed to have settled with cancellations (some are to be expected).

I have never flown IND to MCO on NW, only Airtran and United. I have had great experiences on AT, but loads of people have not. I fly IND to MSP often on NW and have regularly had rude attendants, but that could happen on any airline.

I think you got a smokin' deal! I found a NW tix for my parents from MSP to MCO for about the same price and they waited a day. The tix almost doubled! YIKES!

Have fun!