PDA

View Full Version : Pasta dinners

Flower
09-01-2007, 11:17 AM
DH is running the marathon in January and will want to carb load the night before.

Where can you get a good past a meal now that Alfredo's has closed, the new restaurant is not taking PS's at this time? TONY's will be closed for refurbishment so that is out too.

Disney Dining suggested Portobello's, but we are not big sea food eaters and I don't think we would enjoy the experience.

I have tentatively booked ressies at Mama Melrose as the CM said they serve pasta.

Opinions please!

SBETigg
09-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Look over the menus at Info Central. Quite a few of the restaurants have pasta dishes on the menu. It isn't necessary to stick to the few Italian choices. But if Italian is what you're after- the Italian place at the Swan is supposed to be quite good, or perhaps Spoodles at the Boardwalk would be a good choice.

January-2007
09-01-2007, 04:50 PM
Well, it isn't TS, but the Food Court at Pop Century sells pasta dinners. I always got the kids meal version of it. They have penne pasta with a choice of red or white sauce, and optional meatballs or chicken to go with it, along with salad and breadsticks, whatever you want. Lots of choices. A lot of the restaurants around the parks and resorts have pasta in their kitchens because of kids meals, plus a lot of the buffets have pasta to choose from as well, talk about loading up! Happy planning. :mickey:

Flower
09-01-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the replies. We were talking tonight about it and I think we are actually going to head to his parents and cook something there - we will be dropping the kiddies off at their place so they can babysit race day.

Thanks though!

Lucyrella
09-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Just got back from WDW, and Wolf Gang Puck's pasta's are to die for. They also have a quick service counter where you can use your counter service meals if you are on the dining plan. The full service side had some of the best looking pasta's ever.

disneymom2000
09-02-2007, 05:19 PM
I was thinking Downtown Disney. Wolfgang Puck's is pretty good, but you might also look into Planet Hollywood or Rainforest Cafe if you decide to do a twosome dinner.

Disney Marathon
09-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I believe most restaurants at the resorts will have special pasta dish on the evening before the marathon. I stayed at the All Star Music and the food court served a special pasta dish on that marathon weekend.