PDA

View Full Version : Quick....need help before a deal passes.

Sunshine1010
09-01-2007, 10:35 AM
I bought tickets through Priceline (with Delta) and now I've found a better deal.

Can I cancel my tickets?

Priceline's # won't let me speak to a human.

chick20679
09-01-2007, 10:44 AM
You probably won't be able to cancel them outright, you will be allowed to exchange them for credit for future travel - LESS a change fee per ticket.
Depending on how much you'd save on the new deal, and whether you travel much and would use a credit, would decide if its worth it or not.

Sunshine1010
09-01-2007, 11:07 AM
STILL can't get a human being.

I called Delta and they won't refund, but states that I bought a Restricted Fare which DOES allow me to refund through the place I bought it from (Priceline)....IF they let me.

Sooooo, back to Priceline. No luck. I even called their headquarters and it's the same number.

Delta did tell me, however, that if they did refund me the money, I would be charged a $20.00 fee per person, along with some other charges. She added it up and it would have cost me almost what I'm paying for.

I got a REAL good deal on Priceline, but found a better one....especially since I have a credit. I could have saved over $100.00.

I suppose I'll just have to wait until I go in January and get the discount I have.

Regardless, I don't think I'll ever use Priceline again. If there's a problem.....I'd like to know I would be able to speak to a person. And with Priceline.....you can't.

Oh well ------ thanks!!!!!

CleveRocks
09-01-2007, 11:26 AM
I think the agreement you make with Priceline before putting in a bid (you must have had to read something and click "Yes" or "I agree" or something like that) was that you forfeited your right to a refund.

One of the ways they're able to make things so cheap is that there are no refunds and no human customer service people. If they allowed refunds and had a bunch of human customer service reps, they would have to charge more money.

This will probably be a tough lesson for you on reading the fine print before agreeing to anything.

Sunshine1010
09-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Well, I'm only 'out' $30.00. I'll save the discount (from another refund) I have of $77.00 for my January trip.

I didn't use the 'bid' thing on Priceline....I bought the ticket from the listed sales outright (make sense?)

Anyhow, I know that 99% of the time you can't get a refund (unless you have travel insurance), but it was worth a try.

$30.00 to me is gold....it is 'half a tank of gas'....he he

Thanks everyone!!!!!

mudpuppysmom
09-01-2007, 01:15 PM
You CAN speak to a human at priceline.....you just have to be persistent.

Last month we had a death in our family, a sudden, tragic death and my little cousin just wanted to get home as soon as she could, so she did priceline. When she booked her return ticket she THOUGHT everything would be finished up by Thursday of that week, which Thursday turned out to be the funeral, so we tried to explain all this to priceline and for the lovely price of $140 they would let her change.......she flew home for $59 on SW and just ended up blowing off the Thursday 6 am flight back to Philly instead of spending the $140 in change fees.

It's like Priceline people are robotic people with robotic responses.....so good luck!!

Sunshine1010
09-01-2007, 03:47 PM
Wow --- I'm so glad that they helped her. I'm sorry for your loss.

Gladly, I don't need a refund for that reason, ...I just found a better deal.

But --- I just couldn't do it this time. I think I'm going to stick with SW from now on because I can always get a credit with them if I find something cheaper.

I've thought about using Spirit. They have flights for $1.00 this month from Atlanta to Orlando.

I'd pay in dimes just to get some satisfaction. he he

chick20679
09-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Just remember - sometimes you get what you pay for! :mickey:

Sunshine1010
09-03-2007, 02:28 AM
Well, I've actually had $29.00 flights from SW before from Nashville to Orlando. Everything was perfect.

Sooooo, I'm 'hoping' this will be 'just as nice'.

Thanks everyone ---