PDA

View Full Version : Boys to AKL or WL for one night stay only?

Texas Tinkerbell Too
09-01-2007, 12:58 AM
We always stay at a value resort when we go to DIsney. We decided the last night of our trip we would "treat" the boys to a deluxe hotel. They are 4 and 8yo. They absolutely love to swim. I know they would enjoy the water slides. My youngest also has a fascination with waterfalls. I thought the AKL or the WL themes would be nice for them. Which would you choose for our family and why?

dephenn
09-01-2007, 06:13 AM
I would choose AKL, if they like animals, it's rated one of the top 10 family detinations. But you should go and look at both, and see wich one meets your families needs. Look at pictures on line and checkout what each one has to offer. I wouldn't stop at looking at just two, check them all out (it's free) you might just find one that you like even better, you might decide you want a view of MK at night and see fire works from your room, be on the MR. If water falls are important see if you can pool hop and meet more than one need. If its just one day how much time will you spend at the resort. Last day we like to hit the parks one last time.

Mandykay
09-01-2007, 04:26 PM
I'd go with AKL because the pool is HUGE! Plus you can see animals right from the pool area:thumbsup: There's some playground equipment right near the pool, too. If you want a really NEAT/FUN pool (and at a better price) you should really check out the pool at Coronado Springs. It's an amazing Mayan Temple with a great slide. CSR isn't one of my favorite resorts, but when it comes to their pools (the main themed pool and all the quiet pools) they just can't be beat.

AuntLaura
09-03-2007, 04:32 PM
Both resorts are nice in their own way. Both have nice pools. AK has the animals. WL has a geyser and is scenic, situated on Bay Lake. If you plan to go to MK, the boat ride from WL to MK is fun and very special. The bus ride to MK from the AKL is long, especially if you have to stand.

ThanxForNoticin
09-04-2007, 12:46 PM
I think AKL has so much to offer with the grounds and the animals. I also think that WL is a great place to stay (the geyser would probably be facsinating to your kids). But if your primary concern is the pool at the resort, you might consider the Beach or Yacht Club for the night. They have the best pool and the best pool slide at Disney. The AKL pool is very nice, but the slide is pretty tame. And one of the posts above mentioned pool hopping. But unless you are a DVC member staying at a DVC resort, there is no pool hopping. You will only get to swim at the resort you are staying. Good luck with your choice and have a great trip.

mouseketeer mom
09-05-2007, 09:27 AM
Wilderness Lodge for your boys. Its like a big lincoln log resort. If they love waterfalls, they will love the geysur. Whispering canyon cafe with the wooden pony races is so much fun. Teepee lights in the lobby. Its like an adventure in a resort. The pool is terrific, they can see how it flows from the lobby to the outside. Have fun!

Figaro
09-06-2007, 01:06 AM
The waterfall at WL is awesome. It does flow all the way from the lobby, down a stream, all the way to the pool. I'm partial to it, though... :mickey: I haven't been to AKL, though.