PDA

View Full Version : Revised Search--Gatlinburg Bound

mickeys_princess_mom
08-31-2007, 11:02 PM
OK--Have been trying to research :surf:, and DH says now he'd really just like to stay on the main drag IN Gatlinburg--Hotel is fine, no cabin necessary. Would like to be able to walk to stuff...Looking for nice place, not old, fairly reasonable, but not a dive, honeymoonish ;)would be great...Can you help me pick something? Still overwhelmed--out of my element here. I know Disney up, down, and sideways, but......:help:
:thanks:

angiey
09-02-2007, 05:38 AM
We have gone for the past three or four years and stayed at Greystone Lodge. www.greystonelodgetn.com

It is right across from the Aquaurium and trolly station. It is within walking distance of most attractions. If you don't feel like walking you can ride the trolly. The trolly also goes to Pigeon Forge. The continental breakfast is great.

Have a great trip.

mickeys_princess_mom
09-02-2007, 08:52 PM
We have gone for the past three or four years and stayed at Greystone Lodge. www.greystonelodgetn.com

It is right across from the Aquaurium and trolly station. It is within walking distance of most attractions. If you don't feel like walking you can ride the trolly. The trolly also goes to Pigeon Forge. The continental breakfast is great.

Have a great trip.
Thanks very much, Angiey--I appreciate it!!!And WELCOME to Intercot!:wave:

Katlyn
09-03-2007, 08:30 AM
We also stayed there years ago, before the Aquarium was built and I think it was a Quality Inn? then. It was nice and convenient to the main drag. Should be even nicer with the trolly stop right across the street. Hope you enjoy your trip, we will be in Gatlinburg in a 37 days and I'm so excited and looking forward to some cooler weather.

MsMin
09-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Boy after Disney, walking there will be a breeze.
Don't miss the aquarium it truly is one of the best I've seen :thumbsup: and be prepared for plenty of shopping. Entrance to the smokies is all the way up the street.
My sister used to live in Pigeon Forge and owned a shop in Mountain Mall which is across from the Aquarium, The Aquarium is off the main street almost behind Mt. Mall.
I always stayed w/ my sis so sorry I don't know about the lodge but sounds like a wonderful location. What time of year are you planning? Catching the leaves or the Christmas Parade?
Have a wonderful time.

disneydrmr
09-04-2007, 10:09 AM
I suggest the Clarion or the Edgewater both are very nice places. Go to their official website.. gatlinburg dot com and you can check out all the hotels that are there.

mickeys_princess_mom
09-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Thankyou much for the helpful advice! Our plans just changed, but I know we will make this trip at a later date, and have learned a lot from you folks. Headed the other direction now!