PDA

View Full Version : Seat belts?

mickey&missy
08-31-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm wondering about seat belts in limos, etc?

We used happy limo last trip and absolutely loved them. I'd like to use them again.

When we arrived we got a free upgrade to a stretch hummer, very cool. But, I had paided to have booster seats for the kids. There were no seat belts that we could find. It wasn't a big deal at all, it was $10, and the kids are big enough that they don't have to have them. On the return trip we had a stretch limo and I can't remember wether or not there were seat belts.

Next trip we'll have our then 9 month old DS with us. Do limos have seat belts? If so I'll just ask for no upgrade (strange thing to ask, I know) and strap his car seat in. If not I'm not sure what to do. I'm not sure I'd feel safe holding him for the ride, especially on the highway.

Any info you guys have would be great!! ITA!

mook3y
08-31-2007, 08:31 PM
While seatbelts are not required to be worn in limo's, I have never heard of a limo company removing them.

I had a friend that owned a limo rental company in southern cal and they always tucked the belts under the seats, but they were there if you wanted to use them.

I would say your best bet is to contact the limo company specifically about using a car seat in their vehicles.

Plus, in new vehicles they have built in anchor points to secure car seats too.

When our DS was 2, we had no issues securing his car seat in a limo to/from our cruise.

Neither my wife or I would not be comfortable at all in travelling in a limo without some type of restraint with a child that young.