PDA

View Full Version : Most romantic accommodations for 2nd honeymoon - without breaking bank?

coffeeyumm
08-31-2007, 04:53 PM
DH and I want to go on a 2nd honeymoon soon... our FIRST honeymoon was at WDW in April 1988... and for our 20th Anniversary we want to go back! We are probably going for a 4-day, 3 night trip and we don't want to spend TOO much (so we can still save for a FAMILY trip before oldest son graduates high school in 2011). I don't want our anniversary trip to keep us from doing that! However, we want a QUIET, PEACEFUL room to retreat to :cloud9:... i.e. NOT a value resort near the pools!

Please send your ideas on primo accommodations... OH, I ALMOST FORGOT! What does Disney World do to celebrate "Second Honeymoons"? Is it anything 'special' to them, or is it only 'official honeymoons' that are celebrated?

Thanks!

TammiMcMan
08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
However, we want a QUIET, PEACEFUL room to retreat to :cloud9:... i.e. NOT a value resort near the pools!I think POR would be a good choice.

OH, I ALMOST FORGOT! What does Disney World do to celebrate "Second Honeymoons"? Is it anything 'special' to them, or is it only 'official honeymoons' that are celebrated?Not sure what you mean by this. If you're asking if they offer any freebies, then the answer is sometimes. I've heard that if you have a reservation at CRT for dinner, they will sometimes decorate the table and give you a champagne flute. Not sure if this is still in practice now that they have the character dinner. Sometimes a restaurant will give you a free dessert, sometimes CM's will wish you a happy anniversary if it's noted somewhere on your reservation. Sometimes the resort will send up a congratulatory card from Cinderella & Prince Charming.

There are no standard procedures at Disney as to how they handle a special occassion. In all reality, they probably have thousands of guests celebrating something each day. I just point this out, because with people posting on message boards, it can look like everyone gets treated to something on their special day, but that's not really the case. Some people have come back very disappointed that they didn't get anything. If you go expecting nothing, that seems to be when the magic happens. If you want to help the magic along, the Disney Florist (http://www.disneyflorist.com)does beautiful arrangements and you can look into a romantic carriage ride, small replica wedding cake for dessert, private dining on the balcony of the GF or something like that.

Kairi_7378
08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
I would try POR or POFQ.
I have to agree with Tammi. There are lots of things that you can do to make the occasion special for yourselves (carriage ride, walk on the beach at the Poly, special dinner at a Signature Restaurant, etc.)

eeyoremom
08-31-2007, 07:11 PM
My husband and I had our first solo time at WDW last winter. We first spent a week with son and family at POP, then we changed to POFQ. This was not an aniversary, just time alone, after having our last of four children get married. We loved POFQ. The resort is small, with lots of area to walk around and enjoy gardens. Rooms are certainly adequate for 2 people. We also love the carriage ride. We really enjoyed just spending time relaxing, renting a boat on the river and going for a nice dinner. The resorts are amazingly quiet during the day. For something special-I had flowers sent to my daughters room for her honeymoon from proflowers.com - an affiliate of intercot. She had the roses the entire week and said they were some of the nicest she had ever seen. Have fun wherever you stay.