PDA

View Full Version : What hotel has the best restaurants?

EmmMOM2
08-31-2007, 04:45 PM
What hotel has the best restaurants?
Which one has the best food court?

pox24
08-31-2007, 04:54 PM
Grand Floridian has the best dining.
Coronado Springs has the Pepper Market.

Septbride2002
08-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Animal Kingdom for both!
Boma and Mara - YUMMY!

FalconeNJ
09-01-2007, 12:53 PM
My top five resort restaurants would be:
1) Artist Point (Wilderness Lodge)
2) California Grill (Contempary)
3) Jiko (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
4) Boma (Animal Kingdom Lodge)
5) Citricos (Grand Floridian)

mousetrapper
09-01-2007, 02:20 PM
We love Contemporary's Chef Mickey's and California Grill

We also love AK's Boma, and Poly's Kona Cafe and Ohana's.

I've heard great things about the Pepper Market, mentioned by another poster.

Zimkeeper
09-01-2007, 03:40 PM
I think the Poly has the best restaurants. Foodcourts seem to be pretty much standard in most hotels.

SBETigg
09-01-2007, 03:45 PM
The Grand Floridian has the best restaurants, both in casual and fine dining, with 1900 Park Fare for character dining, Grand Floridian for casual meals, Citricos and Narcoossee's for fine dining and Victoria and Albert's for an over-the-top grand dining experience. Gasparilla Grill, while not an actual "food court" is an excellent 24-hour CS or grab-and-go food spot. For dining, you can't beat the GF.

SgtTigger
09-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I have to go with Ohanas at the poly....

I love the Wilderness Lodge and yes I love Whispering Canyon but I still have to go with Ohanas.....

:cop: :tigger:

tiaramom
09-01-2007, 04:31 PM
Best Restaurants: Poly Resort(Ohana&Kona)
Best Food Court: Pop Century Resort(100%)

Mandykay
09-01-2007, 05:04 PM
best restaurants: AKL and Poly
best food court: POP and POR, but AKL's food court MARA is great for a deluxe resort. FYI...the mods and value resorts food courts are considerably bigger and w/ more selections than the deluxe resorts.

MNNHFLTX
09-01-2007, 05:57 PM
IMHO--

The hotel(s) with the best restaurants--Animal Kingdom Lodge (love Boma and Jiko) and the Polynesian (well, okay I'm not a huge fan of Ohana, but the Kona Cafe is the best!)

The hotel with the best food court--Coronado Springs

Crow
09-01-2007, 06:30 PM
best food court:POP & CSR
best buffet:Shades of Green & FW (value for the $$$)
best TS:AP @ WL
CG@ Cont

LudwigVonDrake
09-01-2007, 07:20 PM
I'm partial to the Kona Cafe and 'Ohana at the Polynesian :tikki:

mttafire
09-01-2007, 11:28 PM
I have to go with the Contemporary for restaurants.
Food courts to me..Close to the same thing in each. No preference really.

Red Randal
09-02-2007, 05:14 PM
Wow, what a simple yet tough (and, by the way, great) thread.

First things first, I'd say Pop Century has the best food court since it's the only focus of dining at the resort and it's one of the newest.

As for what resort has the best overall restaurants, I think it's a tough choice but I'd have to go with the Boardwalk. Flying Fish and Spoodles are world class options, Big River Grille and ESPN are great casual options with good bars. There's also the ice cream shop and bakery along with other quick service snack spots along the boardwalk, and (I think) a snack bar at the pool.

While it may not have one of Walt Disney World's absolute best restaurants (Contemporary's California Grill, Grand Floridian's Victoria & Alberts and Narcoosee's, or Yacht Club's Yachtsman Steakhouse) the Boardwalk is definately the most diverse resort dining-wise in all of Disney World.

Maleficent's Dad
09-02-2007, 07:30 PM
Grand Floridian has the best dining.
Coronado Springs has the Pepper Market.
I absolutely agree with this assessment! :thumbsup:

GF has the best dining options on property bar none. No one comes close to the diversity and quality of their food options.

Whereas some don't care for the Pepper Market, we found it to be head and shoulders above the options at all other moderates - I can't really speak much for the values (Pop sounds great) as we haven't spent much time at these resorts. :blush:

Aggie97
09-02-2007, 09:10 PM
I'd say Grand Floridian or Polynesian for best overall restaurant selection... and as an added bonus it's really easy to walk between these two resorts for meals.

bkfree
09-02-2007, 10:55 PM
For us , the best eating options have been not so much one particular hotel but an entire area that is easily accessed. This would be any resort in the Epcot Locations. Because so much is within walking distance you are not limited to the restaurants in your hotel. You have the eating offerings at Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, MGM and best of all World Showcase. This great variety of places to eat and quick walk to all is one of the top reasons we always stay at an Epcot location resort. We don't have to be tied to just he places within one resort.With two young kids this works out great and we never get bored. In fact, it is hard to choose between so many.

Sweezy
09-03-2007, 12:09 AM
i cant really give a blanket answer for best resort dining, but here are my favorite resort restaurants:

Yachtsman Steakhouse (Yacht Club...try the chateaubriand if its available)

Beaches and Cream (Yacht Club...great shakes/chili dogs)

California Grill (Contemporary...best views and interesting dishes)

Artists Point (Wilderness Lodge...my original favorite WDW restaurant...havent been there for awhile but the venison and pate were very good)

Sweezy
09-03-2007, 12:11 AM
oh and i forgot...

Kona Cafe (Polynesian...fun casual atmosphere and great sticky wings/ahi tuna)

TheRustyScupper
09-03-2007, 07:42 PM
1) Such a question is highly subjective.
2) Everyone has their favorites.
3) In many case, their favorite gets a low score (ie, Le Cellier)
4) And frequently, they go to great lengths to defend their choices.
5) I have even seen harsh words over such a topic.
6) I prefer to go with the experts
. . . Best Restaurants: Dolphin: Shula's, Todd English
. . . Best Food Court: Coronado Springs: Pepper Market

NOTE: I would normally go with GF for the V&A, but Citricos does bring down the average. However, Shula's and Todd's are both world-class.

katzctkpt
09-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Well, being as we stay at POR Riverside I have to say that I like both the CS & TS meals there.
I also, like the Concourse Steakhouse at the Contemporary but, that is being closed so, I'll have to find another favorite.

SurferStitch
09-04-2007, 06:44 AM
The Grand Floridian has the best restaurants, both in casual and fine dining, with 1900 Park Fare for character dining, Grand Floridian for casual meals, Citricos and Narcoossee's for fine dining and Victoria and Albert's for an over-the-top grand dining experience. Gasparilla Grill, while not an actual "food court" is an excellent 24-hour CS or grab-and-go food spot. For dining, you can't beat the GF.

Yeah, what she said...:thumbsup:

Also, Pop has a wonderful food court. Plenty to choose from, and really great food.

jwallace378
09-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Citricos @GF & best foodcourt is Pepper Market @CS

Kairi_7378
09-04-2007, 08:37 AM
The newly renovated food curt at POR is quite nice. I've never stayed Deluxe but for restaurants I'd have to go with WL, Grand Floridian, Poly, or Contemporary.

Spaceship Tigger
09-05-2007, 07:38 AM
The GF would probably have the best restaurants, but I've never been very interested in any of them except for V&A. I would probably then go with AKL for Boma and Jiko, and the Mara is very nice for CS.

GhostHost999
09-05-2007, 09:27 PM
If I had to pick one *resort* restaurant that is my absolute fave, it would have to be Ohana...you get great food, a great view, a fair price...and a Coconut Rolling Contest! (how do you beat that?)
:number1: