PDA

View Full Version : weather in december

mouselover93
08-31-2007, 04:23 PM
as a guy from the north i've never been to disney in the winter whats the weather like down there :mickey:

Gator
08-31-2007, 04:43 PM
It was perfect most of the days, around 65. A couple of days were in the 50's which was cold for Florida, but nor PA.:)

disneymom15
08-31-2007, 04:57 PM
The weather can vary. We've been there when it been mid 40's to upper 80's. Bring a variety of clothes.

Strmchsr
08-31-2007, 05:58 PM
:welcome: to Intercot.

As noted, there's no telling what the weather will be like in December. I suggest you click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/weather/dailytemps.asp) to go to Info Central where you can see actual data from the dates of your trip for the last 4 years. That will give you a good average of actual conditions more than just peoples' perceptions of the weather. The weather can be great or rotten or both in the same week. You just never know. Hot, cold, and everything in between.

The best thing to do is just check the forecast right up to the day you leave because it will likely be changing the entire time.

EmmMOM2
09-01-2007, 08:05 AM
If you are from the NE like i am you will have NO problem with the weather because cold for them is high 40's and that is rare even in the winter, its mostly 60's their. But 40 doesnt feel cold to us now does it?? haha

Bring sweatshirts, pants and tee shirts. I would bring a few pairs of shorts as well. Just be prepared for anything. But its a great time of the year to go. I'd rather be comfortable or even a tad chilly then sweating to death

LoriMistress
09-01-2007, 03:38 PM
It can vary. It can be 70 degrees one day, and wearing jackets and mittens the next. It can also rain the next day as well.

Bluesky481
09-02-2007, 12:50 PM
My husband and I (from Indiana) were both down there this past December. We found the days to be quite pleasant (in the mid to upper 70s), with the evenings being a bit chilly (40s and 50s). I would definitely go again during this time of year.:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
09-02-2007, 01:04 PM
We were there last December (DS and I) and on arrival day we wore lighter weight long pants (I had on capri's and DS had on track pants). We were HOT, until the sun went down, then it got like it is now here in western PA, a tad chilly, but manageable -- I had a sweatshirt for both of us at Fantasmic. The remainder of the days we wore shorts and regular t-shirts and were fine. I did carry our sweatshirts at night time and we did wear them a few times, but I kept telling myself it was snowing and below freezing at home!! We were at MVMCP one night and I called DH and he said it was freezing rain at home mixed with snow -- they ended up getting about 6 inches of snow that night........I was in my shorts and tshirt in the 80 degree weather.......so we thoroughly enjoyed December!! I think you will too!! Just pack some pants and sweatshirts.......or if you really don't want to, they have stores where you are going, you could buy some new items while you are there!