PDA

View Full Version : How do you pay for the trip?

Gator
08-31-2007, 03:48 PM
I've been three times and each time, I take all the money I get back from taxes to go to WDW. I've got one friend who's been the last two early Decembers and is going again this year because a friend of his who owns a DVC invites him yearly to stay at Old Key West.:thedolls: It really upsets me to know that at the end of this year, he'll have been to WDW as much as me and not paid a dime.

OK, enough anger. So how do you pay for it?

kakn7294
08-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Can't say I blame you for being a little upset at those who get to go for free when we work so hard to pay for it - it bugs me too but I just try to ignore it. I too use my tax money for the resort and tickets or package and work overtime throughout the year to pay for the extras such as souvenirs.

vamaggie
08-31-2007, 04:00 PM
We use some of the tax money, monetary gifts we get and some frugality to pay for the trip. We use our Disney Visa card rewards for food and souveniers (once we start planning a trip we throw everything we can on it to get the rewards).

gwfx1031
08-31-2007, 04:42 PM
We go when we know we can afford it and get a good deal. We have a jar at home we call the "Disney Jar" and we drop all left over change and money recovered from laundry. Each time we go on a trip we have plenty of extra money from the jar to cover a few meals or souvenirs.

pixiegoose
08-31-2007, 04:47 PM
We're paying for the trip itself with tax money. Spending money is a mix of money from the change jar, me working overtime, and monetary gifts from family for birthdays,etc.

16 days to go! :mickey:

disneymom15
08-31-2007, 04:49 PM
We have a vacation fund envelope where we stick extra money (like birthday,x-mas money)
We also use our Disney Visa as much a possible.

luvdiznee
08-31-2007, 05:18 PM
I'm a fan of saving change, using my Disney Visa to get reward points and of course the income tax helps alot. And like mentioned previously, getting a good deal to save some money. :mickey:

Wrigley
08-31-2007, 05:29 PM
We use our Disney card to book the trip and then take our tax refund to pay it off. We like to rack up the rewards! We also keep an envelope in a drawer and put in money throughout the year that we get for gifts or overtime money to help pay for souveniers and meals!!!! :mickey:

January-2007
08-31-2007, 05:36 PM
From the title of the thread I thought you meant check or credit card... But you mean where does the money come from... Well for our Honeymoon I took cash out every month and put it in an envelope and that was where the money came from. For this trip we just had the money. We moved out of the city and DH got a better job. We live a frugal lifestyle at home so we can have more fun on vacation! Having an Annual Pass made it easier to save for too, since we don't have the extra cost of tickets. This is the first time we've bought a package so we paid the deposit before we even left for our May trip, that was wacky! :mickey:

princessjojo
08-31-2007, 07:48 PM
Everyone tells me I'm stupid for paying so much in taxes throughout the year, but we like getting the refund back at the end. It's kinda like a disfunctional savings account for us knowing we will have it later and can't spend it now on a binge shopping spree. We have used that in the past to pay for our trips, but now since we have the DVC, we are saving throughout the year and using any tax $$ to cover only the remainder. I, like many others, have been burning up my Disney Visa racking up points, but lately I've been getting crazy. It's won't let me make a payment except every 3 days and I like to pay it right when I pay the bill or make the purchase. Gotta love those reward points.