PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Tables for ADRs

WTDing
08-31-2007, 01:46 PM
We are going to WDW in about 2 weeks and for most meals there will be 7 of us. Not enough to qualify for a Magical Gathering but too many to sit at one table in most restaurants.

Several of our ADRs will have us at two tables. Now we are hoping that these will be adjacent or put together to form one larger table.

Does anyone else have experience with this. Did this work out OK for you? Did it increase your wait time for your ADR? Last year there were just 4 of us and the longest wait we had was about 15-20min for the Norway Princess Breakfast.

Appreciate any input. Thanks.

Figment!
08-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Unfortunately most restaurants will not guarantee seating arrangements for groups just under 8 Guests.

A good way to increase your chances of being seated at adjacent (or even the same table) is to check-in at your dining location early and make a request to the Cast Member at the podium to be seated together as near as possible.

In order to fulfill the request it may require your group waiting some time after your Advanced Dining Reservation time in order for certain tables to clear up.

tink'72
08-31-2007, 03:43 PM
I found this very frustrating when I went. We had a Magical Gathering ( there were 18 of us ) and when we mad ADR's , through the Grand Gatherings we didn't even get close to one another let alone adjacent from each other. Now I know 18 is a lot of people to accomodate , however if Disney offers Grand Gatherings they should at least gaurentee that 8 (which is the grand gathering #) of us would have been seated together. They could have done 8 and 8 (there were 2 infants).
The kids had a great time running all over the restaurant so we could all take pics together but I'm sure the wait staff didn't enjoy it too much!:mickey:

kdsjjb
08-31-2007, 04:12 PM
DW and I had planned a trip for us (5) to go with her parents and my parents, making 9 total guests. For every ADR we made, the CM's kept telling us that with a party that large, we may have to be split between two tables.

Turns out that it didn't happen at all. Not once. We had ADR's for dinner every night,as well as two breakfasts and two of the special MG events. We turned up at each place about 15mins before our ADR's and our longest wait was Coral Reef, about 20 mins past our ADR's, but we got to sit together for every one of our meals.

This was in May, and the parks and restaurants were fairly busy. Maybe we just got lucky?

Lynn J Mc
08-31-2007, 04:30 PM
We've been once with 7 people and once with 8. We always got to sit together even when told we would have to have 2 tables. The CMs at the podiums always worked it out.

WTDing
09-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Thanks for all of the input.

WelshieLover
09-04-2007, 03:00 PM
On our last trip there were 10 of us. We never got split into 2 tables. One night at the last minute, the in-laws met us for a total of 12 and they fit them in still all of us at one table. I don't think you need to worry too much.:mickey:

mjaclyn
09-04-2007, 03:35 PM
That's nice to hear because our large party of 13 is going to Disney in 10 days and we have ADR's for all of our meals. I've been told that we'll most likely be at more than one table, but that we can go early and request tables near each other. So excited!!

martinfamily5
09-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Our last trip there were 7 of us and we all got to sit together at each place that we dined.:thumbsup: