PDA

View Full Version : Rose & Crown reviews?

boo425
08-31-2007, 11:37 AM
We have ADR for dinner in the Rose & Crown but have never eaten there before...any good/bad reviews?:ack:
Thanks!
PS. we are on the DDP

ibrowse17
08-31-2007, 11:47 AM
Not sure about the food, but they pour a mean black and tan:beer:

pox24
08-31-2007, 12:04 PM
Everything is very good. My favorites are the adult beverages.:D

tink2006
08-31-2007, 12:44 PM
This is one of our favorites...the food is good and the adult beverages are great;)

SBETigg
08-31-2007, 12:56 PM
We had a fantastic meal there on 8/23. The appetizers were all amazing. We had some cheese plates (fun, good variety), the mushrooms (wow, yum!) and the potato leek soup (also fantastic).

The entrees, not quite as good as the starters but also tasty. The steak and fish was decent, not a favorite. The fish and chips, good. The best thing- a bit of a surprise- was the bangers and mash. It may not sound like the best thing on the menu, but it was incredibly well done, great flavors, an excellent dish.

The desserts, also all good (and even better since we had Illuminations going on, at a patio table with an incredible view)-- sticky toffee pudding, Bailey's Trifle, and something chocolate(don't recall- a mousse-like item) all highly recommended. Our server was attentive and quite nice. Guinness, Harp, Bass, Boddington's, all good choices with your meal. I recommend Rose & Crown, good times, good food.

grego77
08-31-2007, 05:01 PM
I did not like Rose & Crown. My fish was inedible and not fresh, and the steak was mediocre. The mushroom appetizer was great tho, as was the toffee pudding. I personally will not go back there though...since Epcot has so many AMAZING restaurants (Le Cellier, Coral Reef)

Good luck! :mickey:

readytogo2
09-01-2007, 08:51 AM
we are eating here in about 3 wks. could someone explain what bangers and mash is exactly?

SBETigg
09-01-2007, 10:58 AM
we are eating here in about 3 wks. could someone explain what bangers and mash is exactly?

It's a traditional UK dish, sausage with mashed potatoes and cabbage, which I realize doesn't sound all that great but the sausage is very nicely flavored and the whole dish was so well presented that it easily outshone the fish and chips and steak and fish combo. The Rose & Crown's version was really good.

Mandykay
09-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I really try to not have negative posts, but the Rose and Crown is my one exception. We've eaten there twice and both times we had VERY bad service, and the food was lacking. Both times we wished we had just had the fish and chips from outside(which are great!!). Our first meal was lunch, and the second was dinner for the CP. About 2 years apart, so I was really surprised with our bad luck there.

disneymom2000
09-02-2007, 05:28 PM
I usually try to get here at least once but this time I have been reading they have a new chef and I hope the food is as good as I hope. I may have to forego this one this time. I saw they have removed the lunch menu from Info Central so I hope they are still doing sit-down lunch and not only counter-service. I don't do dinner here because it is so crowded due to Illuminations.

ElenitaB
09-02-2007, 05:52 PM
We've eaten dinner at R&C three times, and enjoyed it every single time. We've never had bad service. I also found the food fresher and better prepared this past November than in the past. We tend not to go every trip because we do want to try new places once in a while, but it is on our list of preferred WS restaurants.

IloveJack
09-04-2007, 09:45 AM
We loved the Rose and Crown when we went this past July. We had the cheese bread to start, then dh had fish and chips, and I had bangers and mash. I don't like fish, but I sampled dh's and it was very good. I might actually try it in the future. However, I probably couldn't pass up the bangers and mash. Wow! It was great, and more than enough to fill me up. We also had the apple crumble for dessert, and it was very good. Our waitress, Emma (who was so very sweet and attentive, but also knew when to leave us to enjoy our dinner alone), said that it was the "closest thing to home" that she could get off the menu there. Not counting the ales, of course!
We ate after Illuminations, on an EMH night, and had great service. I don't know how it is at lunch or before Illuminations, though.

RBrooksC
09-04-2007, 10:00 AM
Two words: Bangers and Mash. Those were fantastic. I think my wife had fish and I had a yard of ale. This place isn't elegant or fancy. It is a pub with typical pub food. If you want comfort foods with a good ale, (please get a Bass or Guinness, don't get the lousy American Bud or Coors *shiver*), then the Rose & Crown is a nice place to eat.

If you are lucky enough to get a reservation around 7:30 and get seated on the patio, it is a PERFECT vantage point for Illuminations.

DDuck66
09-04-2007, 10:00 AM
We just ate there for lunch in August for the first time. We both had the fish and chips and the food was wonderful and the service was excellent.
The table next to us (4 people) ordered the cheese platter and it appeared to be really good as well. Two people ordered a salad each, and two ordered different entrees so thay had a big buffet to split amongst all for of them. It really cut doen on their cost and there was plenty of food for everyone.

lightyearfan
09-04-2007, 01:16 PM
[QUOTE=SBETigg;1404312]We had a fantastic meal there on 8/23. The appetizers were all amazing. We had some cheese plates (fun, good variety), the mushrooms (wow, yum!) and the potato leek soup (also fantastic).

The entrees, not quite as good as the starters but also tasty. The steak and fish was decent, not a favorite. The fish and chips, good. The best thing- a bit of a surprise- was the bangers and mash. It may not sound like the best thing on the menu, but it was incredibly well done, great flavors, an excellent dish.

me and dw have now eaten at the Rose 2 in consecutive trips, and we would agree with the above mentioned quote

Victor