PDA

View Full Version : Best moderate resort for Christmas

benny
08-31-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm planning a 6 week trip to Orlando from New Zealand and although I would love to stay at a deluxe resort when staying at WDW I really don't think I can justify spending that much as we are doing so many other things as well.

I was wondering if any of you have a favourite moderate resort you like to stay at for the Christmas period?

We stayed at both POP and AKL January this year and enjoyed them both.

I really would appreicate any suggestions.

Jenny

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-31-2007, 12:27 AM
Coronado Springs is really nice. My husband and I have stayed there twice. We love it. The rooms are nice and the resort has a beautiful color scheme. At night we would walk around the resort. As for the restaurants, both Maya Grill and the Pepper Market are great places to eat. Maya Grill has a great breakfast buffet. The only reason we aren't staying there this Sept is because we wanted to try a different resort so we decided to give CBR a try.

ToDisney
08-31-2007, 02:28 AM
PORiverside is our Favorite.
Its just really great. Peaceful. I have always met the nicest people there. You can take a boat to Downtown Disney.
Some say that its to spread out, but I like it because you don't always run into others. They can be really full and you won't even know it. They've recently redone the food court, I haven't been there to check it out. But I' ll be there in December!!!
Can't wait!!!
Oh, and the grounds are beautiful!!
Check out the pictures!
:mickey:

sassafras
08-31-2007, 06:37 AM
I vote for POR also. We spent Christmas there in 99 and it was great. Beautifully decorated, special entertainment in the lobby area at different times. Just really nice!

IloveJack
08-31-2007, 08:23 AM
I'll chime in for PO Riverside, also. It's my favorite moderate, and after our trip this summer, dh's favorite as well. I've been there once when it was decorated up for Christmas. Everything was very nice, and well themed. Put me in the holiday spirit even though I was in a t-shirt and shorts.
I don't mind the "spread-out" aspect, as there are plenty of bus stops spread throughout. Even then, it's not that long of a walk back to the main building, even from AB. I rather enjoy the walking there, as it's such a peaceful resort.

floridamom
08-31-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm glad to hear about the Christmas decor at POR, as we will be staying there this December. Last year's stay at WL will be tough to beat, but we couldn't pass up the great discount we got at POR.

Thanks! :mickey:

benny
08-31-2007, 04:00 PM
Thanks everyone for the replies. It sounds like PORiverside is the favourite. I will look into it.

Thanks again.

jenny