PDA

View Full Version : CS on DDP

tyandskyesmom
08-30-2007, 10:34 PM
I understand that where there is a kids menu, kids need to eat from it but are the kids credits counted seperately from the adult ones. At some of the CS places we will most likely eat at we will only need three meals. So will we have to keep track ourselves on CS as to how many adult meals we have left and how many kids or will the reseipt seperate it out for us?

Figment!
08-31-2007, 10:24 AM
Your receipt should show a new balance of Adult and Child credits after each meal, although some Guests have reported otherwise in recent months. Regardless of how they are currently tracked on receipts, keep in mind that as of 2007 the plan is very clear that Child Credits can not be used for Adult Meals.

You can also use the INTERCOT Disney Dining Plan Estimator (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/estimator.asp) as a means of planning out your credit allocation ahead of time.

tyandskyesmom
08-31-2007, 11:32 AM
Your receipt should show a new balance of Adult and Child credits after each meal, although some Guests have reported otherwise in recent months. Regardless of how they are currently tracked on receipts, keep in mind that as of 2007 the plan is very clear that Child Credits can not be used for Adult Meals.

You can also use the INTERCOT Disney Dining Plan Estimator (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/diningplan/estimator.asp) as a means of planning out your credit allocation ahead of time.

Yes, I understand that child credits can only be used for child meals and adults for adults...that was not what I was asking. What I want to know is if the CS credits are divided anywhere that I can see throughout my stay. I don't intend to cheat Disney of anything but I also do not want to get towards the end of my trip and find that the credits I thought were still left are not. And frankly, I have so many things going on and running through my head on a vacation to the World, the last thing I am going to be able to keep perfect track of it child vs adult dining credits. I am just trying to help myself, the CM waiting on me, and possibly the people behind me in line!

And to tell you the truth, the dining estimator does not really help for all people's dining habits and I have found it is not a good tool for keeping track of anything. Sorry!

BTW, I don't even know if we are going to go with the DDP or not. I have tossed it around for almost all of our trips but never have yet. And, a lot of what keeps us from using it is the hassle of keeping up with all of the rules.

Disneyatic
08-31-2007, 12:22 PM
If I remember correctly, during our visit last year on the DDP most of our receipts did give a breakdown of credits left; TS, CS and Snack.
(I know the CS places did for sure but am not 100% on if TS did). I don' t think at the time that the broke it down into adult vs child but this was before they cracked down on the usage of either.

I have another question to add to this!
Can you specify which credits to use or do they just determine it by what item you order and if they have a child's menu or not?

I read on another thread that some people felt that due to the limited offerings on the children's menus paying OOP for their child's CS lunch/dinner meal and then using the children's credit for CS breakfast worked well for them and I was wondering how this would be done? It sounds like something that would be good for us because DD does not like standard child fare.

Figment!
08-31-2007, 02:27 PM
What I want to know is if the CS credits are divided anywhere that I can see throughout my stay. At the start of 2007 Guests did indeed report that Child and Adult Credits were itemized on Counter Service receipts. More recently there have been Guest reports of not seeing such a segregated balance on their receipts. Despite the reported change in practice, there has been no equivalent reported change in procedure, so it is hard to say what one may encounter on their future visit.

At this time, it seems the more recent reports of no-separation are what one would likely encounter in the near term.

While not per meal, you can also check with your hotel's Guest Services at the end of each day for a printed balance by credit type.

I have so many things going on and running through my head on a vacation to the World, the last thing I am going to be able to keep perfect track of it child vs adult dining credits. Have you considered making some sort of simple sheet to keep track of credits? You could have a box representative of each credit available and mark them off as you order. I realize this would require some potential minor inconvenience, but it would certainly be more effective than trying to do so by memory and more reliable than solely relying on receipt print outs.

And to tell you the truth, the dining estimator does not really help for all people's dining habitsThe Staff is always willing to consider ways to further assist our Guests planning needs. We would be glad to hear how you think we could improve the Estimator to help with more Guest's Dining habits. Please feel free to elaborate and send suggestions to [email protected]

Figment!
08-31-2007, 03:08 PM
Can you specify which credits to use or do they just determine it by what item you order and if they have a child's menu or not?You can specify when and where you use credits.

When ordering just be clear on who is redeeming their credits and who is paying-out-of-pocket.

chefmickey3
08-31-2007, 05:26 PM
When we were there in June, the CS credits were not broken out, but TS credits were. This was a change since we there in Nov. 06. They were printed on each receipt. We never used less than our 4 each per day but I can see how it could get confusing!

bcd88
09-01-2007, 10:13 AM
just got back 2 days ago. we were on the dining plan. the CS did not separate between adult or child meals. Actually, there are a lot of places do not have Kids meal for CS. we use only 2 CS for kids menu, and the cashiers did not even ask which CS we going to use.:mickey: