PDA

View Full Version : Can't Decide on Last ADR

Tx. Mom
08-30-2007, 08:56 PM
I'm planning our first trip to WDW in Jan 08!! :mickey: I can't decide on my last ADR. We have boys 12,9,5 and daughter 2. We'd like another dinner bc we aren't big breakfast eaters. So far I have:

Chef Mickey,
Coral Reef,
Le Cellier,
Hollywood and Dine for the Fanstasmic Dinner Package,
Ohana's during Wishes,
(and we're paying OOP for breakfast at Akershus for my daughter and I)

I've heard good things about Biergarten, Rose and Crown (can you watch Illuminations from R&C?), and Liberty Tavern. My 9 yr old likes to eat, so looking for a good variety for the kids also. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Tx. Mom
08-30-2007, 09:12 PM
oops, i forgot to add Whispering Canyon to my list of ADRs so far! :)

Pirate Granny
08-30-2007, 09:47 PM
We've eaten at all three of the last pick choices...and we like them all...All three would be children friendly...Biergarten has good entertainment, We've watched Illuminations many times from the patio, during dinner at Rose & Crown (although check the menu first to make sure your children will like the food) and Liberty Tree is great as a character dinner...so you really can't go wrong...pick one and enjoy (where are you planning on being that day could help decide dinner at EPCOT or MK). Boma at Animal Kingdom lodge is wonderful and the children will enjoy a visit to that hotel and viewing the animals, rocking in the chairs and the lobby is fantastic...

:pirate:

LoriMistress
08-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Okay, I'm not sure where you prefer to eat at for your final ADR. Have you thought about eating a maybe one of the deluxe resorts? Maybe Artist Point (at WL), or maybe at the Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary. If you were thinking about adding another meal at MGM, I would suggest either Sci Fi Dine Inn or 50's Primetime Cafe. Your children will really love both of these restaurants, though I think you may prefer 50's PT meals more then Sci Fi.

jenperich
08-30-2007, 09:53 PM
I would definitely suggest Liberty Tree Tavern or Whispering Canyon, especially for families. Liberty Tree with the characters and Whispering Canyon for the old-fashioned fun.

katzctkpt
08-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Those all sound like good ADR's. We ate at the Japanese in Epcot 2 yrs ago and our kids loved it. At which time they were 12, 8, 5. They prepared the meal in front of us and provided great entertainment. We would've gone again this yr but they were closed for refurb. The steak scallops & shrimp very good!! :thumbsup:

Madame Leona
08-31-2007, 09:12 AM
We really liked Liberty Tree Tavern. I liked the atmosphere and we all liked the food. Plus, I always like doing the character meals. I don't like to stand in line to meet the characters at this point in time. When the kids are older and ask to, then I'll be ready.

DDuck66
08-31-2007, 10:05 AM
I would try LTT for dinner. The food is really good and served family style so you can eat whatever you like. The character interaction has always been some of the best that w have encountered at the MK. We usually go at least once every trip.

KAT1811
08-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Unlike everyone else we don't care for Liberty Tree Tavern. The atmosphere is fun but, for us, the food was horrible.

We do really enjoy Concourse Steakhouse as someone else had mentioned.

If you are looking for an eatery in Epcot you might want to look into the new restaurant that is going into the Italy pavillion; it is not yet open but sounds promising. Then you could teach us a thing or two!!!

We LOVE the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review and I bet your boys will get quite a kick out of it and it should also keep your daughter entertained as well.

Tx. Mom
08-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Hmm, that's what i thought concerning the food, but are the characters worth it? I did notice that the kids ate what the adults eat and my DS9 will be pleased with that! I wanted to try Boma, but DH preferred the LTT, So LTT it is! I think the kids will like it and that's what matters! I picked Le Cellier and Coral Reef for me!:secret:

Two DS birthdays are in January, so i just learned we can do a cake for them! DS5 will get a cake at LTT and DS12 maybe at WC! Our final night will be H&V for the fastasmic show! I need to work on something else before i change my mind again, bc i'm already thinking about it.....:blush: