PDA

View Full Version : Princess Birthday Voyage - Day 5

Lucyrella
08-30-2007, 07:54 PM
:rocker::rocker::rocker:Okay, today was just good fun for everybody. We went over to the Disney Studios and had a blast. We got our tickets to the Playhouse Disney Concert series for the Imagination Movers. We then went over to visit Ariel and her voyage. WE did this last year and Lucy loved it. Well she loved it again this year and Lei Lei had her moments with it. We then did the Playhouse Disney show, and then off to the 12:15 Imagination Movers Show. If you don't know who these guys are, well they are some really cool dads out of New Orleans that play music in a really cool style. They let the kids come down front to the stage and sing and dance with them. The gearheads also would come down from the stage and sing and dance with the kids. When it came to the song, my favorite snack, Lucy was right down front and they asked her what her favorite healthy snack was, and of course she said..... CANDY! It was pretty funny. She danced along with them and then came back to our seats and handed me an object. She ran back down front and I looked at what she handed me and it was a guitar pick from the guitar player..... my daughter is an Imagination Mover groupie.... LOL, after the show she got her autograph book signed by Scott the lead gearhead, and then a personal photo of her with him. They were unbelievably nice, and just a fun group. They also told us that they will have a series on the Disney Chanel in March. We then had lunch, and then caught the Beauty and Beast show which was also very well done. We went back to OKW for a rest before going to dinner at O'Hana's. Okay, you all are going to kill me, but we found O'Hana's to be ordinary. The service and the scenerary beautiful, the atmosphere just not what I was expecting. The food was "good" but not outstanding. The only thing about the meal that is really worth mentioning is the bread pudding with vanilla ice cream. I thought the coconut race was kinda over rated, and the lady doing the singing and entertaining well, sounded kinda of out of it to me. After dinner we walked around the complex and got some great pictures. So take it for what it is worth. Some love it, some don't, and we were in the middle somewhere. We came back to OKR in hopes of going swimming, but Lucy has pooped out for the day I think. Well tomorrow is our grand finale, we will start with the Little One's Magic Hour at MK, then off to Epcot for the breakfast with the princesses, then the P&P party tomorrow night. Hopefully we will all last for it.:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-30-2007, 09:50 PM
Sounds like a fun day for your "groupies"!! Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

gauvin4
08-31-2007, 08:12 AM
Sounds like it was a fun day for all of you. Thanks for sharing.

January-2007
08-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Yeah, that is just too cute about your little "groupie"!! Thanks for the trip report, hope you have a wonderful final day! :mickey:

faline
08-31-2007, 10:27 AM
I agree with your assessment of O'Hana's. It's just not up there as one of my most favorite places!

Glad you and your family had a good day!

ChipnDaleGal
08-31-2007, 11:53 AM
How did you like the venue for the concert you went to? Is there seating? I am taking my 17 year old toddler to see Johnny and the Sprites in October and it is in a different place than last year.

Sounds like you all had another really fun day. I understand what you are saying about Ohana. It is over rated, but that bread pudding is one of my favorite things ever at WDW. :tasty:

Lucyrella
08-31-2007, 01:02 PM
The venue for the concert was great, the only thing really lacking is that wasn't heavily promoted. We almost felt sorry for the gearheads playing to maybe 100 people at the most. It was also kinda hard to find if you aren't real acquainted with Disney Studios. I thought it would be around the Playhouse Disney area, and when I asked a cast member where to go to get tickets they were kinda puzzled. So if you are looking for it, it is down Sunset Blvd down by the Aerosmith rollercoaster. It was air conditioned, rows of seats on the floor, and then more seating stadium style. (it wasn't used though) I think seeing Johnny and the Sprites would be a hoot too.

Hope you have as much fun as we have!

ChipnDaleGal
08-31-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. We went last year and saw several Johnny shows. He is fabulous. My daughter loves him from his work with the Broadway show Ave Q. We are planning on seeing 12 shows this October and she is beyond excited. :cool:

iheartmickey
09-01-2007, 10:29 PM
Sounds like FUN! I can't wait to see Johnny too! :)

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
09-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Glad you guys got to enjoy the concert - especially the little "groupie!"

Sounds like another great day! :thumbsup:

Bethis26fan
09-02-2007, 08:52 PM
Sounds like a great day, thanks for sharing.

tarzan_rocks
09-05-2007, 09:26 AM
Since you attended one of the Playhouse Disney Concert series events, would you mind answering a couple of questions for me?

1. Can you choose which show you want tickets for? Or does it work like Fastpass where they give out all the tickets for the 10:00 show first and then give out tickets for the 11:15, etc? For instance, if I’m first in line can I request tickets for my family for the 11:15 show?

2. I understand that everyone need not be present when picking up concert tickets, but we do need a park admission ticket for each person in the party. What about those guests who are under three and do not have park admission tickets? How do I pick up concert tickets for those in my party who are under three?

3. Can you confirm the concert ticket distribution location and time? I understand that it’s supposed to be outside the Coaster Courtyard Concert Stage near Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at 9AM. I’ll have to step out of our Play ‘n Dine breakfast to pick up the tickets. I don’t want to waste valuable character and buffet time wandering around looking for the distribution site.

Thanks so much!

tr

Lucyrella
09-05-2007, 10:16 AM
Tarzan...

1. Can you choose which show you want tickets for? Or does it work like Fastpass where they give out all the tickets for the 10:00 show first and then give out tickets for the 11:15, etc? For instance, if I’m first in line can I request tickets for my family for the 11:15 show?

Yes you can. We arrived at the table at 10am and requested tickets for the 12:15 show.

2. I understand that everyone need not be present when picking up concert tickets, but we do need a park admission ticket for each person in the party. What about those guests who are under three and do not have park admission tickets? How do I pick up concert tickets for those in my party who are under three? Just tell them how many you want. Our littlest one is under 3, and they gave me a ticket for her.

3. Can you confirm the concert ticket distribution location and time? I understand that it’s supposed to be outside the Coaster Courtyard Concert Stage near Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at 9AM. I’ll have to step out of our Play ‘n Dine breakfast to pick up the tickets. I don’t want to waste valuable character and buffet time wandering around looking for the distribution site. IMO it was hard to find. It is not in the usual Disney Playhouse area. You need to go all the way down Sunset BLVD past the Aerosmith rollercoaster, there will be a table set up and somebody there giving out tickets. We got in line around 12pm and got great seats.

Hope that helps,