PDA

View Full Version : Egg and Milk Free Cakes

disneynarula
08-30-2007, 01:41 PM
Our DS will be turning one when we are at WDW. I thought it might be fun to order him a cake. The only issue is that DS is allergic to eggs, milk and nuts.

Has anyone special ordered a cake like this?

illini
08-30-2007, 04:21 PM
That's going to be a tough one. I don't believe they do this. My DD#2 was allergic to eggs, among other things, on our last trip. Although every restaurant was extremely accomodating, I don't recall anything like that being an option. They would find things that she could eat, even if not typically on the menu, but we never had an offer to remake anything egg free. DS had a cake for his bday that trip, and they gave DD#2 a special dessert of her own (don't remember what).

I'd try calling the cake # just in case, though. They're so wonderful, it might just happen.

And just to give you some hope, my DD2 has outgrown all of her food allergies now. It's so nice to not have to worry about eggs, wheat, nuts, etc.

kdsjjb
08-31-2007, 04:29 PM
Through five trips so far with our DS(now10) who is also alergic to all dairy, we have never found anything like that. But we have never really requested it either.

At every restaurant we have ever been to in Disney, TS or CS we have always had incredible luck with the chefs. They will always come out to your table to discuss options, offer alternatives, and let you know exactly what contains what. No matter what or where, we always found something that DS could eat for meals and desserts.

I would certainly mention to the CM's when making ADR's that DS has alergies, we always did and most times upon check in(forTS) they would confirm with us before being asked.

By the way, my DS will have a massive asthma attack and break out in hives if he inadvertantly eats egg or milk products alone, but is usually ok if they are cooked in to things where they are not the main ingredient.

Example: if there are only two eggs and a cup of milk in a cake, he can have a piece of that cake. But if that cake has buttercream icing, we're taking a trip to the Emergency Department of the local hospital.

Good luck, and I hope you find something special for DS.