PDA

View Full Version : Best Value for DDP?

mjaclyn
08-30-2007, 01:28 PM
Hi all! We're going to WDW in two weeks and have all of our ADR's lined up. We're on the DDP and I'm VERY excited about that! :mickey: My dilemma is that I booked too many TS restaurants! Here is a list of the TS restaurants we'll be going to during our trip. We have a total of 9 TS Credits - which restaurants would you use the credits and which restaurants would you pay cash for? Also, some of these restaurants require 2TS Credits.

Sci-Fi Dine In Theater (2 Ressies for lunch)
California Grill (Dinner - 2TS)
Nine Dragons (Dinner)
Kona Cafe (Breakfast)
Rose & Crown (Dinner)
Crystal Palace (Breakfast Buffet)
Cinderella's Royal Table (Dinner - 2TS Credits)
O'hana (Dinner)
Le Cellier (Dinner)
50's Prime Time Cafe (Dinner)
Coral Reef (Lunch)

Another option I was thinking about, is having DH and I share 1 TS Credit at a couple of the restaurants. Before the DDP we would always share - get 1 app, 1 entree and 1 dessert for the two of us. Is that allowed?

Thanks in advance for the advice!!

kjmom
08-30-2007, 02:38 PM
Well, I've always heard it's better to pay out of pocket for breakfasts and lunches, since they are usually less expensive.

kathiep
08-30-2007, 02:52 PM
We have 13 more days :thumbsup:

I was in a very similar situation, with quite a few of the same reservations.

I am planning on paying for our Lunch at Sci Fi out of pocket. I checked out the menu on this site and thought it would be one of the cheapest to pay for.

Other than that, looking at your reservations, the next cheapest to pay for would probably be the Crystal Palace Breakfast buffet.

vamaggie
08-30-2007, 02:53 PM
I would pay OOP for the buffets and breakfasts as they tend to be less expensive. Then if needed pay OOP for lunches. If they let you share TS meals (and I have seen posts that say it's ok and others that say it's not--someone please clarify) that should help out too. Looks like you have some great places lined up. ENJOY!!!

January-2007
08-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Sci-Fi Dine In Theater (2 Ressies for lunch)
Kona Cafe (Breakfast)
Crystal Palace (Breakfast Buffet)
50's Prime Time Cafe (Dinner)

I would pay for those out of pocket.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

DizneyRox
08-30-2007, 04:34 PM
None of the 2TS restaurants are a good value on the plan. Also as others have said, breakfast and then lunch and finally buffets would be the ones I'd pay OOP for.

Disneyatic
08-30-2007, 04:40 PM
We have more TS meals than credits also and decided to OOP for 50's Prime Time for dinner. Their prices are actually cheaper than Crystal Palace breakfast buffet (which we are also doing!)
So I would vote for 50's PT and the lunches.
Have you looked at the menu's on this site? They list prices and that is how I narrowed down our OOP choices, it was very helpful.

tinksmom02
08-30-2007, 09:37 PM
We have 13 more days :thumbsup:

I was in a very similar situation, with quite a few of the same reservations.

I am planning on paying for our Lunch at Sci Fi out of pocket. I checked out the menu on this site and thought it would be one of the cheapest to pay for.

Other than that, looking at your reservations, the next cheapest to pay for would probably be the Crystal Palace Breakfast buffet.

This is exactly what I'm planning on doing! My plan is to grab snacks and apps at Sci-Fi, and pay OOP. If we decide to get full dinners, then I will use DDP and pay for CP OOP.

And I can't say for sure, but I believe that you can share TS meals, just not the buffets.