PDA

View Full Version : Boma & 50'S Prime Time

mvelez15
08-30-2007, 12:47 PM
I am so excited. I am going to WDW in December, a spur of the moment decision. So I was scared that we would not get any good seatings in. But I just called and got most of my first choices.I am trying Boma and 50's Prime Time Cafe for the first time. I would just like to see if anyone would share their experiences with these restaurants.

Samtastic
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Both are great. Try not to overeat at Boma--it's so good.

SBETigg
08-30-2007, 12:55 PM
We just got back from a trip that included a visit to Boma. We're not buffet fans, but this is one we would repeat. It was fantastic. So many choices. Everything was delicious! You may want to try a little of everything, but even with tiny tastes you get too full too soon. Too many good things in one place. Enjoy!

NJGIRL
08-30-2007, 01:43 PM
We went to Boma for breakfast and while they had all the usual stuff on the breakfast buffet they also had some African dishes that were good. We would go back in a minute. One thing though, I didn't like the punch.

Prime Time 50's was alot of fun, but I didn't care for the menu. It was very limited for me, but what I did get was good. We would go back for the entertainment.

JPL
08-30-2007, 03:37 PM
Boma is my Favorite buffet restaurant at WDW. You can't go wrong for breakfast or Dinner. They have a large selection with some dishes with an African flair thrown in. :tasty:

For breakfast try the Frunch which is a tropical breakfast drink :thumbsup:

DDuck66
08-31-2007, 10:16 AM
I have never had Boma's but 50's PT is one of our favorites. When you check in, make sure that you tell the CM that you would like a waiter/waitress that is willing to "play". The food has always been good if you like homestyle food. Fried Chicken, green beans, potatoes,meat loaf just to name a few.

Jared
08-31-2007, 10:44 AM
The 50's Prime Time Cafe is solid and fun, but Boma is truly exceptional. Like Jeff said, it is the best buffet in Walt Disney World for breakfast and dinner.

Try not to overeat, but definitely sample the soups and salads. The entrees are also delicious, but I would be happy just eating Boma's soups and stews.

EmmMOM2
08-31-2007, 11:21 AM
I love the 50's primetime service is very unique and the food items are classics. I've stayed at AK and went to Boma a few times. I am somewhat of a picky eater so i didn't find many things that i liked their. My son had no problem as they have typical children things, chicken, mac n cheese etc. But i'm not big on the african themed cuisine myself. Just IMO

mvelez15
08-31-2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks Guys ...My mouth is already watering and I am three months away!

mainemajor
08-31-2007, 09:49 PM
We just got back from a trip that included a visit to Boma. We're not buffet fans, but this is one we would repeat. It was fantastic. So many choices. Everything was delicious! You may want to try a little of everything, but even with tiny tastes you get too full too soon. Too many good things in one place. Enjoy!

How true:mickey: Make sure you try the soups. I tried three and loved them all. Remember there is no need to fill your soup bowl up. I just put one ladle and that was a good amount. On each trip to the buffet line I would talk with other dinners and see what they recommended and did the same for them. Having feedback from other dinners was nice. :mickey:

DisneyDreams09
09-01-2007, 12:02 AM
I haven't tried Boma, but I have heard nothing but raves about it.

We loved PrimeTime, but I would suggest go for Lunch, that menu appealed to me more than anything, but everyone's different.
The atmosphere is great...

LudwigVonDrake
09-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I've never eaten at Boma but the 50's is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW. I have to eat there EVERY trip. I LOVE the pot roast :tasty:

Have a great trip :tink:

#1donaldfan
09-02-2007, 09:52 PM
We've only tried 50's prime time from your list and truthfully we did not like it. The food was fair, the interaction from our waiter was poor, to be as polite as I can. I wish I'd have known to ask for a waiter who was willing to play.....maybe then I would be writing a differnt thread.....I guess we were in the mind set to have fun.....we actually tried to get him to interact with us...he was not game.....we did things intentally for him to chastise us, but no dice.......I most likely won't go back, unless I can not find another reservation....maybe not then, I'll just pick up a turkey leg and sit on the curb.......sorry to be so negative, I guess we just had high hope for that place and came out with our chins on the ground.....

mousetrapper
09-03-2007, 09:30 AM
We truly love Boma. We plan to eat dinner there every trip. It is really difficult not to overeat! There are so many choices and even the more "exotic" ones (i.e. things I never heard of!) are worth a taste. And the desserts...let's just say you MUST save room for a Zebra Dome!!! :cloud9:

We always relax with a drink in the lounge before our ADR there...we want to soak in the atmosphere of the AK. So be sure to give yourself some extra time for that.

As for 50s Primetime, we've eaten there twice -- once it was just my DH and me and the second time a big group of us (DH, two DDs, DH's cousin, her hubby and their grandson). The first experience was priceless. Our waitress (her name was Barbara, I think) was so funny -- she kept ribbing her "son" (aka my DH) about why he hadn't called or visited more often! I was the girlfriend he brought home for dinner. My DH totally got into it. I don't know who had more fun -- us or the waitress! It was like watching a funny TV show.

The second time wasn't so fun. I won't name the waiter, but he just seemed to be going through the motions. He tried, but every attempt at humor fell flat.

The food was good -- hearty home cooking-type dishes but a few notches above your standard diner fare. We enjoyed sitting in the Tune-In Lounge with a Harvey Wallbanger prior to our ADR!;)

I would say 50s is something you should at least try once, but Boma is one restaurant worth multiple visits!

disneydeb
09-03-2007, 09:40 AM
We LOVE 50's Prime Time and have always dined there. This is our first trip to Boma this October, I'm looking for what is good there, but I thnk I'll try everything...well almost!

DizneyFreak2002
09-03-2007, 11:39 AM
Never ate at Boma... But I heard very good things about it.... As for 50's... I love the place.... Another place I try to eat at every trip....

mvelez15
09-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks again guys. The more I read your responses the more excited I am getting. Suddenly Dec seems so faaaaaar away lol. Oh and I will be sure to check out the lounges in both places hehe :thumbsup:

emmatink
09-03-2007, 05:36 PM
On one of our last trips my father-in-law had to stand up in front of the entire restaurant and announce he would not put his elbows on the table because "mama told him not to". The place is a blast if you go in willing to play along!:thumbsup:

WDW Dreamer
09-03-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm also going to WDW in December and have reservations at both Boma and 50's Prime Time. I've eaten at 50's PT before and enjoyed the experience immensely. The food is very good, but the atmosphere alone is worth going for. You'll have a great time! Have not tried Boma's yet, but am looking forward to it. :eat:

martinfamily5
09-04-2007, 03:16 PM
We have been to both a couple of times. Bomas is fantastic. We are thinking of going again. Prime Time is so fun. My DD 14 requested it again.:thumbsup:

LoriMistress
09-04-2007, 08:08 PM
I love 50's PTC! DH and I ate there back on our honeymoon back in 2003 and I had the best fried chicken and mash potatoes and gravy ever!!! I'm going to be there in December too, and I can't wait to eat there again.

GrmGrninGost
09-04-2007, 10:22 PM
50's Prime Time is a blast! The food is really good and the atmosphere is incredible! It's one of my 3 or 4 favorites on property! :mickey: Enjoy!

omearac
09-05-2007, 08:07 PM
We always eat at 50's Prime Time. I'm a vegetarian and I ordered the chicken pot pie last time we were there. I just picked out the chicken and it was awesome! Also, the fried cheese and fruit appetizer is absolutely delicious! :cloud9: