PDA

View Full Version : Magic Express to CSR

faberj
08-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Has anyone ever taken the Magic Express to CSR??? I am wondering after you land at the airprot how long does it take you to get to your resort? We are debating using the FREE ME or getting a town car.

Thaks!
Jessie

disneycouple2004
08-30-2007, 01:05 PM
On average you should be at your resort within about 1 hour to 1-1/2. depending on a few things...I see your next trip is in December but not sure what week..the closer to Christmas the busier it is, so that will affect it some. Also, depends on your arrival time, and how many folks are on the bus with you, and where the driver goes 1st..but like i say overall no more than 1.5hr..the longest we have ever been has been 1 hour and 15 min.

have fun !!
:thumbsup:

disneymom15
08-30-2007, 01:52 PM
I agree. It will take about 1 hour, maybe a little longer. But remember, if you rent a town car you will have to wait for your checked bags(which will take some time). We use DME all the time and love it. Oh, and don't forget, it free.

BigRedDad
08-30-2007, 03:03 PM
From other posts on this same subject, the discussions say from the time your plane lands to the time you get to your resort is about 75-80 minutes. Going by may not speed up that time because you have to wait for luggage, haul it to the towncar, load it, then get on your way.

Give or take a few minutes, there is not much difference in time. This is not from personal experience, only what has been discussed previously.

martinfamily5
08-30-2007, 03:34 PM
I was so tempted to use ME because of the price. DH said no to the hassle. Plus, we want to do a grocery stop.

faberj
08-30-2007, 04:51 PM
On average you should be at your resort within about 1 hour to 1-1/2. depending on a few things...I see your next trip is in December but not sure what week..the closer to Christmas the busier it is, so that will affect it some. Also, depends on your arrival time, and how many folks are on the bus with you, and where the driver goes 1st..but like i say overall no more than 1.5hr..the longest we have ever been has been 1 hour and 15 min.

have fun !!
:thumbsup:

We would be getting down there on Saturday, December 6, 2008. I am looking at getting the earliest flight out of Milwaukee where depending on what airline we go with will be anywhere between 6:30 and 8:30 am putting us into orlando between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm. When we did the towncar in 2006 we landed at 11:30 and got to the hotel, checked in and unpacked by 2:00. I have heard a few bad things about DME so I am a little leary, but it is FREE and I can order from Garden Grocher to get the things I need and save $100.00 that the towncar would cost us, cuz even with the food store stop you still have to pay for what you buy. I think Garden Grocher charges $12.00 for delivery.

CleveRocks
08-30-2007, 11:40 PM
If you search this or any other message board, you'll find a few bad reviews of DME ... and hundreds and hundreds of good reviews.

And most of the "bad" reviews I've read weren't legitimate complaints, but rather were examples of people with unrealistic expectations who expected things of DME that were never promised.

... like the guy who complained that his bags didn't beat him to his room (they are expected to arrive at your resort about 3 hours after you do, whether you are in your room or not).

... or like the woman who complained that DME never took her bags from her room atthe end of her trip (that has never ever been part of the DME service).

... I could go on and on.

What is very common, however, is people saying they've heard bad things, or people expressing anxiety about something that is unknown to them.

The fact is that DME has served about 5 MILLION people so far, and it's a great success. It was supposed to end in the autmn of 2006, but in April 2006 it was extended through the end of 2011.

I can't understand how anyone can call DME a hassle. It's no more of a hassle than going to baggage claim, waiting for your bags, and hoping your driver is there for you. Just a different sort of hassle.

As far as time to resort, DME will get you there in about the same amount of time as a car service. Don't pick one or the other based on time, since it's pretty much a wash. Choose based on what level of service you want and how much you are willing to spend. DME is a shared ride and is free. A car service is personalized and private but will cost in the area of $120. So like I said, make your decision based on level of service, and how much you are willing to pay for it.