PDA

View Full Version : Ordering Cakes

Figgyluv03
08-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Since DBf and I are going to wait until our trip to Celebrate our 5 year anniversary, I know you can order cakes form the different restruants or resorts. I've seen some beautiful ones and I'm wondering how much they usually run?

conorsmom2000
08-30-2007, 12:42 PM
This is information that was in Info Central under Birthday parties (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/birthday.asp), but I'm sure the prices would be the same for different occassions. I would call the number listed below to confirm, though! :mickey:

Make arrangements for a birthday cake. 6" cakes are $12.50 and you do not need to pre-order. Just ask the server when you arrive at the restaurant.

Pre-Ordered Cakes;
8" Cakes - $25.00
10" - Cakes $40.00
1/4 Sheet Cake - $55.00
1/2 Sheet Cake - $80.00
Whole Sheet Cake - $120.00

All Cakes are either Chocolate or Vanilla and come with personalization. If you want to add a character there is an additional $30.00 charge. Cakes should be ordered, other than the 6" cake, 24-48 hours in advance by calling (407) 824-2165.

#1donaldfan
08-30-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm sorry I don't remember the price, but I just had to let you know that the cakes at GF are absolutley awesome....they look like a million dollars and taste like it too........

TheRustyScupper
08-30-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm sorry I don't remember the price, but I just had to let you know that the cakes at GF are absolutley awesome....they look like a million dollars and taste like it too........

and, cost like it, too.

ElenitaB
08-30-2007, 08:35 PM
If you call the number above, they will be able to direct you to one of the resort bakeries if you want something a bit more intricate than what is available through the central number. I've seen cases where the GF bakery has recreated people's wedding cakes, which might be a nice thing for a 5th wedding anniversary. But Rusty's right, you will pay well for their effort. :spend:

katzctkpt
08-31-2007, 12:19 AM
TheRustyScupper Quote:
Originally Posted by #1donaldfan

and, cost like it, too.

We ordered the 8" for our party of 12 ( 6 adults & 6 kids)and there was plenty of cake we even had some left. I think ours was a marble cake at the GF and it cost us $25.00 which I didn't think was bad price. As #1Donaldfan said it looked & tasted like a million dollars.

angedeaile
08-31-2007, 01:49 AM
Those are really affordable! I am shocked.

I was thinking about getting a cake for our Anniversary celebration also, but was afraid to even ask for the price.

I assumed not only would I have to pay an arm and a leg, but also give the bakery my first born child, something I might be willing to do if the cakes are really as good as you folks are saying....

I love me some marble cake!

MinnieMommie
08-31-2007, 06:03 AM
We ordered our cake from Boardwalk Bakery for my daughter's 21st birthday. It was affordable, beautiful and tasty. :mickey:

Figgyluv03
08-31-2007, 09:04 AM
I've seen cases where the GF bakery has recreated people's wedding cakes, which might be a nice thing for a 5th wedding anniversary.

It's only our 5th anniversary of dating. I hoping he waits to pop the question down there, then we'll really have something to celebrate about!

SingingLights
08-31-2007, 09:25 AM
When you call to order the cake just let the decorator go wild. It will be better than you can imagine. We ordered a cake for our DD's birthday and were so happy. :party:

Figgyluv03
08-31-2007, 12:54 PM
Do they prepare cakes smaller than the 8"? It's only DBf and I, so we won't need that big of a cake.

ElenitaB
08-31-2007, 03:14 PM
You can order some special desserts from the GF bakery to be served at the GF restaurants, including the famed Cinderella slipper desserts or little cakes (think a miniature version of the the top layer of a wedding cake).