PDA

View Full Version : Best room location at POP !

buzz638
08-30-2007, 11:36 AM
To all you experience Disney Pop Century guest,in the standard section, wich room would you suggest is the best location ?
We will be using Disney transportation.
It will be our first stay there, starting sept.30th ,so every comments would be gratly appreciated !!!

Thank you

BelleBeauty
08-30-2007, 12:46 PM
My absolute favorite location at POP is:

1950's section, back of the Jukebox building, on the 4th floor. Specifically request the view of Spaceship Earth. The 4th floor you can usually see it from your room, on the 3rd you can see it from the end of the balcony. It is beautiful to wake up and go to bed to! And if you will be back at the resort around 9pm, you can catch part of Illuminations.

I also love that location because it is quiet. It has a great view of the lake (and the unfinished addition to POP). You have the Bowling Pin pool just around the corner, but it closes at 10pm so it is quiet. You are a quick walk to the main pool, pool bar, food court and buses!

Enjoy your stay at POP! :mickey:

Nascfan
08-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Echoing Morgan's sentiments, we like 50s building 3, 4th floor, Epcot view. That happens to be the Tramp building, and we could see the fireworks part of Illuminations every night that we were in our room, right from our window! To the left as we walked out every morning, we could see Tower of Terror, and of course Spaceship Earth pretty much directly in front. I think it was Deluxe view at a Value price.

I really think any of those backside rooms of 50s, with Epcot View requested are lovely. Quiet, not far from anything.

Crow
08-30-2007, 01:29 PM
My absolute favorite location at POP is:

1950's section, back of the Jukebox building, on the 4th floor. Specifically request the view of Spaceship Earth. The 4th floor you can usually see it from your room, on the 3rd you can see it from the end of the balcony. It is beautiful to wake up and go to bed to! And if you will be back at the resort around 9pm, you can catch part of Illuminations.

I also love that location because it is quiet. It has a great view of the lake (and the unfinished addition to POP). You have the Bowling Pin pool just around the corner, but it closes at 10pm so it is quiet. You are a quick walk to the main pool, pool bar, food court and buses!

Enjoy your stay at POP! :mickey:
well thats what i was gonna say.
ive been there 3 times, all in the 50s area. last time top floor back middle building...great spot. view of fireworks, across lake to unfinished buildings, pool near, quick walk to main building. im going to ask for it again when i check in the 21st. ill b there 6 nights, the on to WL

Disdad13
08-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Quick question - are the areas previously mentioned (4th floor 50s lake view) considered preferred rooms, or can anybody request them? We will be there 9-19 thru 9-28 and they sound perfect for us. We did not pay for preferred room, however. When we check in, do we just ask if there are any rooms available in that area?

benny
08-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Quick question - are the areas previously mentioned (4th floor 50s lake view) considered preferred rooms, or can anybody request them? We will be there 9-19 thru 9-28 and they sound perfect for us. We did not pay for preferred room, however. When we check in, do we just ask if there are any rooms available in that area?

We stayed at POP this January and requested the same area. It was not a preferred room and not extra charge but in my opinion a better location than the preferred rooms. I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Jenny

Dicecatt262
08-31-2007, 09:20 AM
I liked the 70's building. I was on the third floor, and had a view of the lake. It was close to the bus stop and 60's pool, but quieter because there was no pool right there.

buzz638
08-31-2007, 09:21 AM
Thank you all for your comments. Guess we will ask for the Tramp section !!!