PDA

View Full Version : January 2..Crowded this year?

JoRy
08-30-2007, 10:33 AM
I have a conference in Orlando around the 3rd of January. Don't most people leave after the 1st and the the rest of January is pretty calm? I have been in the past a week after New Years, but not that close.

Also...how long do all the Christmas decorations stay up?

Thanks a lot.

disneymom15
08-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Can't answer for sure, but I think the crowds would be light . As for X-mas decorations, I think they're kept through the 1st week in January.

Beast_fanatic
08-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Some of the Christmas decorations will still be in place, but they'll start coming down right around that time. As far as crowds, it seems there are quite a few schools that have that entire week off school, so the crowds may be a little heavier than in years past.

LoriMistress
08-30-2007, 10:06 PM
From what I've heard, the firsts week of January can be crowded. It may not be as crowded as the week of Christmas/New Years, but still more crowded then usual.

Mousefever
08-30-2007, 10:31 PM
The parks will not be as crowded as during Christmas week, but they will be crowded. We went to Epcot on January 2nd. It seemed very crowded. Animal Kingdom was very crowded the next day.

:dory:

MinnieMommie
08-31-2007, 06:17 AM
I have a conference in Orlando around the 3rd of January. Don't most people leave after the 1st and the the rest of January is pretty calm? I have been in the past a week after New Years, but not that close.

Also...how long do all the Christmas decorations stay up?

Thanks a lot.

We were there last year from the end of December through the first week in January and it was very crowded (very). The decorations were up and the Osborn lights at MGM were operable during our stay. :mickey: