PDA

View Full Version : Our Kitty Needs lots of Pixie Dust !!! *Sad UPDATE*

Zippy 1
08-30-2007, 10:22 AM
This is probably really dumb but we need pixie dist for our little tiger cat. He is in the CSU animal hospital fighting for his life.:ill: He was attacked by a wolf hybrid our neighbor owns on Saturday. It has been lots of ups and downs since then. He is still fighting. He had his second surgery yesterday. I have not heard from the vet hospital yet this am. One reason this kitty is so special is he is my DD13. She has been a mess since this happened as she saw the whole thing. If you could say a pray for him I would be greatful. We just want our little kitty to come home.

sagessa
08-30-2007, 10:27 AM
:pixie: for your kitty. I would be devastated if anything happened to my cats, so I really hope that everything turns out okay.

Rachel R.

disneydrmr
08-30-2007, 10:37 AM
Here's some :pixie: for your kitty and for you daughter! Please let us know how your kitty does! And I do hope that they do something about that hybrid... I LOVE all animals but I"m sorry - those wolf hybrids are dangerous - what if it would've attacked your daughter..

brownie
08-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Said a prayer for your kitty; I hope everything turns out well. Here's some pixie dust, too: :pixie:

Dsnygirl
08-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Sending as much :cat: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: as I can to your poor little kitty... I am especially partial to tigers, and have a new precious one of my own, and I can't imagine how hard it must be to wait and hear how your little guy is doing. :( I sure hope he makes it - and a special :hug: and :pixie: for your DD.

Goofeygal
08-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Best wishes to your family and the little kitty. I hope all goes well. Keep us posted on her recovery.

T-Belle
08-30-2007, 11:00 AM
This is probably really dumb but we need pixie dist for our little tiger cat.

Never dumb!!! From one cat lover to another (we're a very special kind of people) I'm sending tons of pixie dust,:pixie: well wishes and prayers for your kitty. Please keep us updated on his recovery.

RenDuran
08-30-2007, 11:21 AM
My stomach is in knots for you all, after reading your post! I really hope Mr. Kitty pulls through okay....and I hope your daughter is feeling better. Plenty of :pixie: on it's way from Virginia!

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2007, 11:44 AM
Nothing dumb at all about such a request! I am so sorry that your daughter and her kitty are having to go through such an awful trauma. I am sending a ton of :pixie: from me and my three kitties!! I hope you get good news soon. :hug:

MNNHFLTX
08-30-2007, 12:24 PM
:( Poor kitty! What a terrible thing to have happened to him and for your daughter to have witnessed it! My heart and prayers go out to you all that he will be on the mend and home soon. :pixie:

BelleBeauty
08-30-2007, 12:35 PM
What a horrible thing to have happen! :pixie::pixie: Double pixie dust for your little tiger cat and for your DD!

Jeri Lynn
08-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Oh your poor kitty. :( I hope that he is feeling better soon and can recover fast from his surgeries.

Pixie dust to your Kitty and your daughter, she must be so upset.

DNS
08-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Lot's of pixie dust for your sweet kitty!

Carol
08-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Oh my. Lots of pixie dust on the way for both your kitty and daughter. I am so sorry your daughter had to see this happen.

I work at an animal hospital and unfortunately see a lot of this. :(

Please keep us updated. :pixie:

The Bookseller
08-30-2007, 01:22 PM
Here's some :cat:-grade :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for the kitty. Let's hope he got through.

kakn7294
08-30-2007, 01:48 PM
That's never a dumb request! Pets are a part of our families! Here's lots more :pixie: for you kitty! Keep us posted!

Terra
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
It's not dumb at all!!

:pixie: :pixie:

I still think about my poor kitty named Fox who passed away in July of 2005!

DisneyDudet
08-30-2007, 04:58 PM
Furbaby pixie dust is not silly! Just last week I asked for puppy pixie dust for my friend's dog who had two seizures while she was in my care.

They are a part of the family, even if they have 4 legs!

Here's some :pixie: for you and your kitty. Hope everything turns out alright.

Please keep us informed.

MMouse6937
08-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Absolutely not dumb at all. I have four kitty babies and would be devestated if anything happened to them. :pixie: for your baby, I hope he pulls through. Keep us posted. :hug: for your DD too, I'm sure this is rough for her.

Tiggerdog
08-30-2007, 10:03 PM
CSU is an awesome vet hosptital. My cat had a corneal transplant and they were so wonderful!

My pets are my fur kids so I understand your worry.

Hugs and dust coming from Thornton!

Beast_fanatic
08-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Lots of :cat: :pixie: on the way!

Zippy 1
08-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Thank you to everyone who has sent our kitty and my DD pixie dust. Sir Pudge was doing really well this am. He has suffered another set back this evening. His lab work showed he is still leaking a small amount of urine into his belly. They thought they had corrected this yesterday now he faces more testing tomorrow and possibly another surgery. We are also now having problems with the wolf-hybrid owner about paying for this. He feels the cost has gotten way to high for a cat. Unfortunately we are now facing the possibility of legal action. All we want is to fix our little kitty and make our DD happy again. Please contiue to keep us in your prayers. You will never know how much your thoughts and prayers mean to us.

Goofeygal
08-31-2007, 02:07 AM
:pixie:Here is a little pixie dust to hope things work out for your family.

Terra
08-31-2007, 07:31 AM
Oh no! much more :pixie: on the way!!!!!!!

Dsnygirl
08-31-2007, 07:48 AM
I'm so sorry to hear he needs more surgery... poor little guy! And I'm really sorry about your neighbors and their hesitancy to pay the bills for "a cat"... if they say that to you personally, you should ask them how much they would pay out for their "hybrid" if he needed it -- and why are a cat's medical bills less important than a dog's? Your love for Sir Pudge is no less than theirs for their dog, I'm sure -- and that's where the cost lies, not in the actual medical bills themselves. You obviously wouldn't expect them to put their dog down if your cat had hurt it and you didn't care to pay because he's a "hybrid" -- they shouldn't expect you to do any less for your cat than they would do for him!! Sorry... I'll get off my :soapbox: now... I just hate it when I hear people talk about all the things they'd do for their dogs, but not for "just a cat". :mad: (And I have both, so don't think I don't love my doggy!! :))

Anyway -- sending loads more :cat: :pixie: :pixie: to you and your little guy -- I hope today goes well for him!

MNNHFLTX
08-31-2007, 08:09 AM
I'm sorry that your Sir Pudge might face even more surgery. He sounds like a tough kitty though, so continued prayers and pixie dust that he will be okay.

As for the wolf-hybrid owner, he could be treading on thin ice. If Colorado is like most states, they have a dangerous dog law that probably not only holds him financially accountable for your cat's vet bills, but he could be possibly have charges brought against him for the actions of his animal. If you have not already done so, I would contact your local police department and ask about filing a report.

DisneyDudet
08-31-2007, 09:15 AM
I agree with everyone about the legal action and that he should be responsible. Also, if the city has ordinances, I highly doubt he is to have a wild animal, or even a hybrid of one, in city limits. I hope you can get all this worked out soon so you can concentrate on getting your baby well.

More :pixie: :pixie: from an animal lover in Texas. Chloe, my dog, sends your kitty some :pixie: as well!

RenDuran
08-31-2007, 10:09 AM
Sorry to hear that Sir Pudge needs more surgery! But it does sound like progress is being made and he'll be up and about soon! That's great news.

The wolf-hybrid owner sounds like a jerk...anyone that puts a price-tag on your family pet when it's his own fault that it happened is a sorry human being. Sorry you have to deal with someone like that. I hope everything works out.

MsMin
08-31-2007, 02:57 PM
Sending more :pixie: for Sir Pudge and for your dd too. Your neighbors are lucky that they don't live in an area that allows for an animal to be put down after an attack. People need to be responsible for their animals.
That aside not matter how much they pay for it won't make your dd feel better about what she saw. Just make sure she believes there is nothing she could have done and that it wasn't her fault. It never hurts to remind them that she is not responsible. :magic:

T-Belle
08-31-2007, 04:31 PM
He feels the cost has gotten way to high for a cat.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

More Pixie Dust:pixie: for your DD and sweet Kitty!

I'm sorry the hybrids' owner is being dificult. He sounds like he's from the Michael Vick school for animal compassion!
If you have to take legal action you'll have your Intercot friends for support.

Your in my prayers.

Zippy 1
08-31-2007, 06:35 PM
For all those sending us pixie dust and prayers it is much appreciated!! Sir Pudge is holding his own. They did more testing this am. They could not find another leak. So it is either to small to detect or it may be fluid left from Wednesday's surgery. So right now we are in a holding pattern. They will do more blood work tonight to see where he is at.
If anyone every needs a top of the line vet hospital I would highly reccomend CSU. They have been wonderful to us. I will update again tomorrow. Thank you alll again for your thougths and prayers

pixiegoose
08-31-2007, 09:25 PM
Sending pixie dust :pixie: :pixie: from my Apple :cat: to your Sir Pudge :cat:. Hope things continue to improve and that the hybrid owner steps up and takes responsibility.

Zippy 1
09-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Thank you to all those sending pixie dust and prayers. We did get a bit of good news today. All of Sir Pudge's blood work looked better than yesterday. They tell us that does not mean he is out of the woods because there can always be an unexpected set back.
Our DD is doing better. It helps her to see her kitty acting a little bit more like himself. She still is not her old little self but we are seeing signs of less anxiety. She keeps telling us she is fine but you know how parents can see things she does not realize we are seeing.
As for the dog owner we have not spoken to him for several days. Needed to give my DH time to cool off. We do not live in city limits so the rules for owning this type of dog are a little different. We need to wait and see what our lawyer says. We are hopeful that just letting the dog owner know he needs to pay these bills or will be heading to court will be enough to get him to pay. We shall see. We have decided that if we see the dog off their property again not on a leash we will go after having the dog sent to the wolf refuge (we have one not far from here) or have the animal put down. If he is going after small animals what is to stop him from going after a small child. There aer several in our neighborhood including the 2 year old I watch occasionally.
Again I can not thank everyone enough for your support. I think sometimes it helps to hear people's opions who are not to close to the situation.

mrsgaribaldi
09-02-2007, 07:28 AM
Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way from me and the :cat::cat::cat:
I hope Sir Pudge is back to his old self soon. And I hope your DD is feeling better too. :pixie::pixie: I'm sorry my pixie dust is so late. I was trying to send it and I was having a problem, but I have him in my thoughts and prayers.

Zippy 1
09-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Thank you to all for all your thoughts and prayers. Unfortunately Sir Pudge lost his battle early this am. We thought we would be bringing him home today but yet another complication. They could have tried surgery but they were not sure he would make it through. So we spent his final moments with him.
Needless to say my daughter is devestated and some $8000 we are without our beloved Sir Pudge. He fought a great battle but God must have other plans for him.
So thank you to all for your support.:crying:

carley
09-02-2007, 12:58 PM
im so sorry:(

BelleBeauty
09-02-2007, 01:09 PM
I'm so sorry. My thoughts are with you daughter and your family.

Marilyn Michetti
09-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Nothing said will ever make it easy. Sir Pudge was obviously loved, and you will miss him deeply.

My heart goes out to you.:crying:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
09-02-2007, 02:06 PM
I am so very sorry. :(

RedSoxFan
09-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Very sorry.:(

Goofeygal
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your little Kitty. My thoughts are with your family.

MsMin
09-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Sending kitty :pixie: for those left behind :crying:
I know how hard it is. Please give your little girl an extra :hug: from our family and pets. It sounds like Sir Pudge was so so special. :paw:

Beast_fanatic
09-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm very sorry for the loss of Sir Pudge. :hug:

Christine
09-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Oh I am so sorry! I just saw this and went back and read what happened on your other post. :crying:

What a terrible thing for that little kitty to have gone through...and for your daughter to have to endure.

:pixie: and prayers headed your way!

RenDuran
09-02-2007, 04:15 PM
Oh, I'm so sad to read that Sir Pudge died. That poor boy was so brave and I really thought you'd have him home soon.

I know he knew how loved he was. I can tell from your posts that he was a true family member, and I'm very sorry for your loss.

T-Belle
09-02-2007, 05:26 PM
I can't find the words to tell you just how sorry I am for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family and most especially with your daughter. :grouphug:

kakn7294
09-02-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm so sorry about the loss of your kitty.

Zippy 1
09-04-2007, 01:41 AM
I can't even tell you how sad I am about the events of the last week. I have been second guessing myself since yesterday. Did I do the right thing in trying to save Sir Pudge's life or was I being selfish in not wanting to let go. I asked eaxh and every day if we should put him down and the response was always the same - he is improving. We aren't out of the woods but improving. Saturday when we visited him he was happy to see us and trying to be playful. He even tried to chew out his IV tubes. I just can not believe all of this has happened. He was my favorite little friend and now he is gone. I realize I am rambling but it helps to get it out.
I am now second guessing if it is fair to the dog owner to expect him to pay all this. The bill got far higher than even I realized and the end result was not what we wanted. Is it fair to expect him to pay the full amount or did we go overboard trying to save Sir Pudge?
I am not sure of the right thing to do. My anger tells me that no matter what the dog owner is responsible. CSU did report the attack to animal control so it is on file if something else happens involving this dog. I haven't been able to find out if they already have incidents on file. I will try to find that out tomorrow. I guess what gets me most is I don't think the owner realizes how awful this has been for us. He says it was just a cat. Something may people would agree with. But to ur family he was an important part. Sleeping with my daughter - playing with us at night - letting us know if we did not give him the right amount of attention. To top it off how do you explain it to our other cat. She is a little wild so she doesn't come to close to people but she loved Sir Pudge and looks for him all the time. It is hard to listento her sad cry.
sorry it is late and my mind is thinking to much. I need to try and stop my brain from thinking about it and get some sleep.
Thanks for listening. It helped a little to get all this out.:confused:

RAIDER
09-04-2007, 03:51 AM
So sad for your loss ..I have 3 cats at home and i know i would be gutted if i lost one ....
Cheer up i am sure he is looking down at you thanking you he had such a good home :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
09-04-2007, 05:51 AM
I'm so sorry. :pixie::pixie::pixie:
I sent you a PM.

rnin02
09-04-2007, 07:55 AM
Oh, how sad for you and your family. I know how it feels to lose a treasured pet so suddenly...its just awful. I hope you find some comfort...

DizNee143
09-04-2007, 08:37 AM
I guess what gets me most is I don't think the owner realizes how awful this has been for us. He says it was just a cat. Something may people would agree with. But to ur family he was an important part. Sleeping with my daughter - playing with us at night - letting us know if we did not give him the right amount of attention. To top it off how do you explain it to our other cat. She is a little wild so she doesn't come to close to people but she loved Sir Pudge and looks for him all the time. It is hard to listento her sad cry.
im not a big fan of cats...but still.. i would never say oh its just a cat...i dont care if it was goldfish..bird..hamster..dog..whatever...its your pet and it becomes part of the family!
i am so sorry it all turned out like this!
personally i think you should keep going with trying to get the dog owner to pay for everything..cuz if it wasnt for his dog you would still have your kitty!!!!

disneydrmr
09-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I"m so sorry to hear about the loss of Sir Pudge. Please know I'm thinking of your family. :hug:

MNNHFLTX
09-04-2007, 09:43 AM
I was so sad to hear about Sir Pudge. I had so hoped that he would pull through and come home to be with his family. :(

Please don't second-guess yourself--you made the best decisions possible for Sir Pudge and your daughter. And personal opinion--absolutely the wolf-hybrid's owner should be responsible for the vet bills. It's the least he could do for your loss and suffering.

DVC2004
09-04-2007, 10:28 AM
I am so sorry for the loss of Sir Pudge, and all the sorrow you have been through. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. The owner of the wolf-hybrid needs to take responsibility and I wish you the best that he does so. :(

Mickey'sGirl
09-04-2007, 10:54 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, and I am sure that Sir Pudge is looking down at you all saying thanks for all you did! :hug:

I am a dog person -- and a huge advocate for the appropriate treatment of Wolves. Cases like this do not help clear up the huge misconceptions that exist in our society today. Wild animals should be left in the wild.... why on earth would somebody feel they could make even a "hybrid" into a housepet? Of course a wild animal is giong to do what comes naturally to him! That wolf has no business being kept in a community of people. His owner is and should be 100% responsible for your vet bill. It was his ego that allowed such a horrible thing to happen to an innocent kitty, and to your family. :twocents:

TINKERBELL_82
09-04-2007, 11:07 AM
So very sorry for your loss. I can only imagine how devastated your family must be.

As for the financial situation, perhaps your neighbor would agree to meet you half way?? $8000 is a lot of money, but I know that I would not think twice about it if something happened to one of my babies.:(

MMouse6937
09-04-2007, 11:29 AM
You are in my thoughts, bless you for all that you've done. Lots of people say "it's just a cat" but to us, they are our babies. All my girls are just as important to me as if they were human. Don't second guess yourself, you did what you thought was right and you honor Sir Pudge. You take care of yourself and your daughter. :hug: to both of you. Hang in there, feel free to PM if you need a shoulder. Take care, Sarah

Donald A
09-04-2007, 01:50 PM
I was in your shoes a few months ago with our cat, Cadbury. He got very sick with anemia. He spent two nights in the clinic with IVs and ultrasounds. We almost lost him with congestive heart failure. Fortunately, he did survive and is recovering. This experience was over $3000 combined for his care and we are still making very regular costly vet visits to keep his anemia under control.

However, Cadbury was a cat we adopted after we lost one to feline leukemia. I know that this is very tough.

DO NOT SECOND GUESS, YOURSELF!

You did what you did out of love for the animal. You admitted a couple things yourself:
1) The vet told you they thought your cat would get better. You took the advice of this professional and he/she probably really did think this.
2) The cat did get better for a moment and you said he even had a day where he was trying and did play before he took a turn for the worst. A cat playing means a cat is not suffering.

As for the owner and the dog. I don't know. I have two dogs and would feel horrible if one of them did this and would probably offer to pay somehow even without being asked. Keep in mind he is your neighbor and only you know the dynamics of the situation.

You are in my thoughts and prayers and remember, above all else, in a cruel and evil world, your cat is no longer suffering.

RenDuran
09-04-2007, 01:56 PM
I think we all second guess ourselves when these things happen, but we shouldn't! I had two bad situations with my own family cats earlier this year and I still think about one in particular. I know I did what I could for them both, and I think you did Sir Pudge well also.

I do sincerely hope you keep your female cat indoors now. Though the attack was ultimately the dog owner's fault, putting cats outdoors is too tempting for those big dogs. Too many things can happen when cats are outdoors on their own.

Dsnygirl
09-06-2007, 05:12 AM
I am so sorry to hear that Sir Pudge lost his battle... that is such sad news. Please don't second guess yourself on this one... we had to put a cat down who had cancer, and was just getting sicker.... and I still wonder if I did the right thing, if I'd just held on or handled his treatment differently.... you'll never know the answer to what "could have happened", so don't even try - just rest in knowing you did all you could for him, probably far more than most would have done. He was a very lucky little kitty, and I'm sure he was very happy with you. Sending you a :pixie: and a :hug: as you and your family go through this....