PDA

View Full Version : does this make any sense?

varcity
08-29-2007, 11:16 PM
figured out why the VMK resources seem to be so low at the current moment:

http://www.forbes.com/technology/2007/08/01/disney-club-penguin-tech-cx_pco_0801paidcontent.html

I hadn't heard about it, but that is almost a month old which does explain a lot!

If it doesn't work, it just states how Disney purchased Club Penguine Online. Weird huh?

mickeytinkerbellprincess
08-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Holy guacamole $700 million?! I hope this doesn't influence VMK to start cashing people. I played it for an hour before I got bored. You can't do much on there without paying.

Chescat
08-30-2007, 05:53 PM
I think they bought Club Penguin to help them work through the online issues they are having with the Pirates online and other disney online games (including VMK).

The plus to this is, it shows now that Disney seems to be dedicating itself to online gaming. That was a fear a lot of us had that the Disney online games in general were going bye bye. :secret:

Patricia
09-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Actually, Club Penguin does not affect resources in VMK at all. Club Penguin is situated right here in sunny Kelowna BC. It operates the exact same as it has been, using the same staff which is around 148 people. I know a couple of them. The only thing that has changed at Club Penguin is the money behind it. Never having advertised too much, Disney will now advertise it in Disney style adding their name to it. Disney bought Club Penguin solely as an investment. It's a cash cow.. simple as that.

We posted this in the News forum here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=111718&highlight=club+penguin).

varcity
09-02-2007, 01:10 PM
I figured disney would have diverted some funds over that way and made a bunch of changes to get that working to Disney standards and would have ignored VMK. I just thought that was such an interesting topic and decided to post! :mickey:

Patricia
09-15-2007, 11:18 AM
So, not sure if any of you are following the "Disney Mom Panal" thread. I applied for a spot on the panal and now my son has since applied for a job at Club Penguin. If he gets the job I have to pull my application (can't have relatives working for Disney)

But.. on the up side, I will get Disney Discounts.

:mickey:

varcity
09-15-2007, 12:59 PM
woot! discounted churros!!! :)

If you are allowed to tell us here and not be off topic, what is the panal?