PDA

View Full Version : florida resident passholder weird situation

teeena_and_booger
08-29-2007, 09:35 PM
this is a bit of a weird situation and i cant seem to figure out what to do so i thought i'd ask you guys if you had any ideas.

i am a florida resident. my drivers license is florida, i vote florida, my permanent address is in florida. however, at the moment, i am living in louisiana because i am a military dependant so my house address is louisiana for now. in the past i have gotten my florida resident annual pass using my florida drivers license at the gate when i arrived the first day of my vacation. this year, however, i am using a passholder discount code for a discounted room at POFQ and am required to show my annual pass in order to check into my hotel.

the easy thing to do would be to just drive to any of the theme parks when i first arrive and get my pass, then go check into my hotel. but i am flying in this year and will have lots of luggage and no car.

will the hotel hold my luggage until i go get my pass? i know you cant purchase these at the hotel. and i cant order my pass online because my billing address isnt florida.

weird situation i know. thanks for any advice!:D

KAT1811
08-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't see why bell services wouldn't hold your luggage until you get your pass. They don't need to know where you are going only that you'll be abck to check in. Many people leave their luggage with them, go to the parks and then check in later on that night. I can't see why you'd have a problem.

WishingStar2006
08-29-2007, 11:03 PM
I have never been a fla resident so I haven't had one of those passes...but I have had annual passes and booked at the AP rates and was told I needed to present the pass when I checked in...but no one ever asked for it...and I've read that elsewhere as well....I don't think you'll have a problem....but leaving your luggage at bell services is a great idea...and since you are flying in...aren't you using Magical Express? If so, they handle your luggage for you...it usually arrives in your room about 2-3 hours after you check in.

Have a great time!

teeena_and_booger
08-30-2007, 12:42 AM
ahhh! i am going to just try and check in first and see if they even ask. good idea. haha that would be so funny if they never even ask. good to know if in the future i dont get a pass one year. wait.. that would be cheating.. right? :secret:

Melanie
08-30-2007, 02:59 AM
good to know if in the future i dont get a pass one year. wait.. that would be cheating.. right? :secret:

Yes, and per the Terms of Service, we don't allow discussion of or condone cheating the system at INTERCOT. :nono:

teeena_and_booger
08-30-2007, 03:08 AM
noted. no more joking. guess my sense of humor doesnt come through text well. sorry!

Melanie
08-30-2007, 03:11 AM
noted. no more joking. guess my sense of humor doesnt come through text well. sorry!

It's okay, you just have to be careful with that sort of thing. :)

faline
08-30-2007, 06:06 AM
but I have had annual passes and booked at the AP rates and was told I needed to present the pass when I checked in...but no one ever asked for it...and I've read that elsewhere as well....

I also hear that they are getting stricter about this and have been asking to see activated, annual passes at checkin.