View Full Version : Honey There’s Free Dining Again This Sept. Pre Trip Report

ariel03
08-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Pop Century Sept. 11-18th

Cast of Characters:
Me - 26 Huge Disney Nut :wave:
DH - 27 Loves Free Food :eat:
Mom - 50 New Disney Fan :hi:

I just want to start off by saying that every year we say that maybe we’ll skip Disney next year and go somewhere else ( perish the thought ). I know a few of you try doing the same thing. But as we all know it never turns out that way. Once free dining was rumored to be announced again ( we’ve done it every year it has been released ) we where on the computer booking with Magical Journeys. We booked with Elaine and Magical Journeys for the first time last year and she did a wonderful job :thumbsup:. So we decided to go with them again this year so we could get free dining added if it did indeed came out. We where surprised to find out that Elaine was leaving magical journeys and that we would be assigned a new travel agent. Though we couldn’t have Elaine again this year we where happy to hear we would be getting Terriesue since we had heard good things about her. So of course shortly after deciding to go to Disney again my mother finds out that we where going and says she would like to tag along too. She just went to Disney for the first time last Oct. for her 49th birthday. She has always wanted to go to Disney and wanted to go before she turned 50 :party:. She and I did the land and sea cruise. She wanted a trip to Disney but had also never done a cruise and wanted to go on one so it was a perfect fit for our trip. It was not a bad trip but wished we tried the 7 night cruise instead of the 3 night. So anyway we decided we didn’t want to spend this trip all squeezed into one resort room. So we decided on two rooms at DH and I’s favorite resort Pop Century. We booked a seven night stay with a five day base ticket with Free Dining. We are not park hopping people so no hopping option for us. So now we had to wait till 180 day mark to make our ADRs. So we wait and wait and wait. I of course worked on what restaurants we would be going to and when the whole time. Finally it was time to make our ADRs. This is DH job as he loves getting up early to make the reservations. It’s a bit of Disney magic for him before we go on the trip. Now we have to look for flights. We love going to the Atlantic City Airport and fly Spirit so we got on the web and started looking at the prices. We where not impressed. So we waited and waited and waited some more until finally DH tells me he scored airfare at $130 per person for round trip. We scheduled their earliest flight that leaves at 7:00am and arrives at 9:00am in Orlando. A few days later DH wakes me up early in the morning to tell me that they had changed the time of our flight. I think oh no!:noway: They did this last year and they moved it to a later departure and was afraid they did this again, but he tells me it was changed to a 6:30am departure. Yay an earlier departure more Disney time. :dance: So now that the trip is booked, ADRs are made and flights all set to go. I do the only thing I can think of to do. PACK! I new it was early to start packing with two months left till our trip but I hate going on a trip and not knowing for sure if I have everything. So I print out a copy of my handy packing list
( Yes I am one of those crazy organized people.) and start packing anything and everything I can at that point. I also make a list of anything we need to go out and buy before the trip. So now that DH and I are packed and ready to go I spend every minute I can surfing Intercot for any new tips and updates.

Day One: Coming Soon!

1EeyoreFan
08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Sounds like a great time! We are going to be there Sept 9-16 and I can hardly wait!

dolphinmickey9170
08-29-2007, 11:07 PM
Sounds great, can't wait to hear how it goes. :mickey:

Lizzie
08-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Sounds good, have fun!

gauvin4
08-30-2007, 07:56 AM
Hope you have a great vacation.:mickey: I am looking forward to reading your reports.

January-2007
08-30-2007, 08:44 AM
Great pre trip report! I hope you have a safe flight down and a wonderful vacation! Unless it's live, I won't get to read any of it until we return from our trip. :D Have fun!

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Gotta love the free dining! I hope the three of you have a wonderful trip! :mickey:

faline
08-30-2007, 01:06 PM
When three Disney fans go to Disney World together, it will be fun! Enjoy your trip!

Momof2boys
08-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Wishing you, hubby, and mom a MAGICAL trip ! :mickey:

RedSoxFan
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Sounds fun. Have a great trip.:mickey:

vizsla
08-31-2007, 05:49 AM
Sounds like your all set for a great trip.:thumbsup:

ariel03
09-27-2007, 04:29 PM
Thank you for taking the time to read my report everyone.:mickey: