PDA

View Full Version : Resort store online purchase?

ariel03
08-29-2007, 08:01 PM
I was wonderig if anyone had the online web address for where you can see pictures and order certain things that can be waiting for you in your room. I know they have a stroller, autograph book, and ears that can be purchase and waiting for you. Anyone know the address that gives you pictures on what you can purchase ahead of time. I remember the link was avaible months ago on here and am looking for it again. Thanks!:thumbsup:

Ms.Disney
08-29-2007, 08:12 PM
I hope someone comes along to answer I would love to order stuff and have it be in our rooms when we get there :mickey: 9 more days :party:

Figment!
08-29-2007, 09:00 PM
It was only a test service.

From page linked with-in New Resort Delivery Service By Disney (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=82148)
Thank you for your interest in the Magical Beginnings Pre-Order Merchandise Service. This was a limited-time test for Walt Disney Resort hotel arrivals from August 13 - September 30, 2006. The Magical Beginnings Pre-Order Merchandise Service has ended. For other preorder options, please contact the Walt Disney World Florist. Orders can be made through www.disneyflorist.com (http://www.disneyflorist.com/). They sell a variety of flower and balloon arrangements and specially-themed gift baskets.

TheRustyScupper
08-29-2007, 11:25 PM
I hope someone comes along to answer I would love to order stuff and have it be in our rooms when we get there :mickey: 9 more days :party:

1) Disney does not place items in a room prior to check-in.
2) SOMETIMES if you stay Club Floor.
3) But not always then.
4) There are too many reasons your room may not be your room.
. . . maintenance has to take it out of service
. . . housekeeping can't get to the room and must leave it "dirty"
. . . the room is given to someone else who wants it
. . . etc
5) If your item was in the room, would it get moved, and by whom?

NOTE: This is a matter of logistics. The Front Desk Runner must deliver items to the room. They have other duties. They cannot possibly keep up with all the deliveries. (Added deliveries if WDW allowed the practice of items in the room prior to check-in.). Now they have to worry about moving the items, and sometimes at a moment's notice.

Spaceship Tigger
08-30-2007, 07:51 AM
1) Disney does not place items in a room prior to check-in.
2) SOMETIMES if you stay Club Floor.
3) But not always then.
4) There are too many reasons your room may not be your room.
. . . maintenance has to take it out of service
. . . housekeeping can't get to the room and must leave it "dirty"
. . . the room is given to someone else who wants it
. . . etc
5) If your item was in the room, would it get moved, and by whom?

NOTE: This is a matter of logistics. The Front Desk Runner must deliver items to the room. They have other duties. They cannot possibly keep up with all the deliveries. (Added deliveries if WDW allowed the practice of items in the room prior to check-in.). Now they have to worry about moving the items, and sometimes at a moment's notice.

I was wondering about this when someone said recently that they had an item delivered to their room from the resort shop before check-in. I didn't think it would be possible since your room is not actually set until you arrive. I know that they try to arrange rooms in advance but that they change quite often before you might get there. Someone couldn't be running around moving items very easily.

ariel03
08-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the Info! :mickey:

Ms.Disney
08-31-2007, 04:14 PM
Oh well I guess we will just have to buy them when we get there, thanks for the info:mickey: