PDA

View Full Version : Finally booked, question about grand gathering

kaylamag
08-29-2007, 05:31 PM
I finally booked our vacation for Jan/Feb 08 and we qualified for a grand gathering since there are 9 of us in our party. My question is has anyone done any of the special grand gathering experiences? I would like to do the breakfast or the wishes boat ride with Peter Pan at the end. I'm not sure how i can get to the breakfast since it is before park opening and transportation doesn't begin until an hour before the park opens. Does anyone know how expensive it would be to take a cab for 9 people from POP to the Magic Kingdom?

carley
08-29-2007, 08:05 PM
im pretty sure they have early charachter breakfast buses that pick you up before park openingif you have reservations.... least this is what the people at dining told me when i called to find out how to get their before park opening

kdsjjb
08-29-2007, 09:48 PM
We did the wishes boat ride two years ago.

It was really cool. There were nine in our party.

We had to meet the group at the Contemorary, where there was a dessert reception with Captain Hook, Schmee, and two "pirates"

After dessert, the group boarded two boats with one of the pirates. The pirate was really fun, he put on a little show with Disney trivia, songs and such.

We got to see the electrical water padgent, then sailed around to Sewven Seas Lagoon for a great view of wishes. The music was pumped into the boat, so you could hear as well as see.

When we got back to the dock, Peter Pan was there for a meet and greet.

The whole trip was really fun and the kids and adults all had a good time.

I would certainly recommend this, but I have never done the breakfast.