PDA

View Full Version : SpectroMagic at 8 and Chef Mickey's at 9?

January-2007
08-29-2007, 05:25 PM
I'm getting down to the nitty gritty now writing all the park hours and such in a book I carry with me in the parks and write in while there... And now I am seeing that the night I had envisioned us watching SpectroMagic, it starts at 8PM and our ADR at Chef Mickey's is at 9PM. Do you think that's cutting it too close? What if we watch the parade from the end of Main Street near the park entrance/exit and make a quick getaway right after it's over? It's just me and DH, two active adults so no one will be slowing us down. What do you think?

Mandykay
08-29-2007, 06:44 PM
This is very doable provided that you're near the exit. It's only a 5 minute walk (at a good clip) to the Contemporary...don't get on the monorail...it's quicker to walk. Watching Spectro and then a dinner at Chef Mickeys-what a fun night :mickey:

irish1967
08-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Just make sure that you are on the correct side of the parade route so that if you decide to leave before the parade ends, you are able to. :mickey:

MinnieMommie
08-31-2007, 06:10 AM
Yes I agree it's doable. Position yourself correctly so you can make a speedy exit and leave just a few minutes before Spectro ends so you can beat the mass dismantaling of people. :mickey:

January-2007
08-31-2007, 08:05 AM
If you are looking at the entrances/exits from inside the park, the exits are generally on the right, correct? So we should try to watch the parade from the fire station/Emporium side rather than the Tony's Town Square side I should imagine, is that right? Should we plan on standing or are there curb seats that close to the end of Main Street? How far in advance do you think we should get seats or places to stand? An hour? An hour and a half? This is for the middle of September on a Monday night.

Thanks so much for the replies so far, I was getting worried we'd have to change around our plans but it sounds like we can do this after all! Yay! :mickey:

DDuck66
08-31-2007, 10:09 AM
If you are looking at the entrances/exits from inside the park, the exits are generally on the right, correct? So we should try to watch the parade from the fire station/Emporium side rather than the Tony's Town Square side I should imagine, is that right? Should we plan on standing or are there curb seats that close to the end of Main Street? How far in advance do you think we should get seats or places to stand? An hour? An hour and a half? This is for the middle of September on a Monday night.

Thanks so much for the replies so far, I was getting worried we'd have to change around our plans but it sounds like we can do this after all! Yay! :mickey:

I would probably grab a space about an hour before the parade starts. You can also try standing at the train station above the square. There are seats there but they go fast. That way you can exit down into the station at the lockers and go either direction to the exit. You should be able to make it with no problem.

Jared
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Since SpectroMagic begins on Main Street, U.S.A, you can easily be at the Contemporary by 9 p.m. if you watch from the beginning of the parade route.

When the last float passes, bolt to the gates, take a left and simply walk to the restaurant.

:)

JoRy
08-31-2007, 04:36 PM
On a Monday night in the middle of September I do not think you need to line up more then 30 minuted ahead of time if that far. That is one of the best times to go, and with school just starting, it should not be abd at all. I am actually surprised they will have Spectro that night...normally they just do it on weekends during the down times.

You should finish Spectro by 8:30 and have PLENTY of time to get to the Contemporary. And even if for some reason you are a minute or two late, it is no problem. We have been 30 minutes late for an ADR due to a parade and the CM understood and said it happens all the time.

Good luck and have fun. I am jealous of a no kids trip.