PDA

View Full Version : Air conditioner unit at the Poly

NJMan66
08-29-2007, 04:07 PM
I must confess. My kids sleep with a fan running at night time. The white noise has always soothed them. (yes I know this is a bad habit...)

Will the air conditioner unit in the rooms at the Poly provide adequate white noise or should I bring a small fan?

lovetheprincesses
08-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Have you ever heard of a sleepmate? My husband cannot sleep w/o one! They are wonderful! To me, the Poly's unit cuts on and off and is disruptive to our sleep, BUT we are very used to the white noise too. I would say, yes, bring a fan, or buy a sleepmate to make sure you rest!:cloud9:

laprana
08-29-2007, 04:47 PM
We've stayed in the Poly our last 2 trips and I don't remember the air conditioning being very loud. The only time I really noticed it was right when it kicked on or shut off. If your kids are used to the sound of a fan, you might just bring one along so you can be sure they get a good night's sleep while you are there. That way, they'll have plenty of rest for the parks!:mickey:

KAT1811
08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
The air might work but I'm from the school of "rather have it and not need it that need it and not have it"!!! I'd bring your fan just in case. You'll need a good night's sleep to keep touring the World!!!

NJMan66
08-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Got it. Thanks I'll pack one to bring. 6 days and counting.

disney
08-31-2007, 03:13 AM
What is a sleep mate?

lovetheprincesses
09-03-2007, 09:08 PM
It is a machine that provides white noise. You can order them from JCPenney's for about $50. We can't sleep w/o it now! We ALWAYS take it with us on vacation and noises at the pool or whatever do not bother us! :)