PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian View

PeterPanFan
08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Hi all! 16 days till Disney :party:

Ok we have a "Magic Kingdom View" at the Grand Floridian. Now I understand this does not mean you will see the castle you could actually see epcot or space mountian. This is really a Theme Park view. We want to see, like everyone i am sure the magic kingdom. So is there anythin we can do? I understand that there is a good building to be in can you request this? HELP :ill:

Thanks

TammiMcMan
08-29-2007, 05:05 PM
We want to see, like everyone i am sure the magic kingdom. So is there anythin we can do? I understand that there is a good building to be in can you request this?At check-in you can ask about the availability of Sago Cay or Conch Key. With the exception of a couple of rooms in Conch Key, both these buildings offer amazing castle views.

To increase your chances, try to arrive as early as possible and offer to wait until later in the day to actually move into your room.

TheRustyScupper
08-29-2007, 11:33 PM
. . . This is really a Theme Park view. We want to see, like everyone i am sure the magic kingdom . . .

1) You might have a view of most of the Castle.
2) You might have a view of part of Space Mountain.
3) You will not have a view of the Theme Park.

NOTE: The trees and train track will block most of the views of the actual park. This was corrected after they build the Contemporary Resort. With some rooms at CR, you can actually see into the park. This means backs of buildings. Many at WDW felt this is NOT magical. Thus when they built GF, they made sure the views were of important items and not of the park. (Per a WDW Imagineering book.)

RaRaRoundTheWorld
08-30-2007, 03:19 PM
I believe we had room 5439. It had double balconies, one with a dead-on view of Cinderella's castle and one with a view of the monorail.

We had paid for an MK view, but the first room we were given (8513) looked out at the CR, lagoon and just the tip of the MK, with the castle obscured by a tree.

So, we asked for a better room and did get what we paid for. Next time, instead of trusting that Disney will give us what we pay for, we'll check the room before having bell services follow us. It would have saved us time.

SBETigg
08-30-2007, 03:42 PM
We were in Boca Chica 8507, a dormer room, and we had an incredible view. We could see from a little left of the castle, great view of the castle itself, and all the way over to Space Mountain, the lagoon, Contemporary, WL, a good deal of the Polynesian, and Spaceship Earth in the distance, plus the top of Swan/Dolphin. Some nights, we watched Wishes (or the P & P fireworks), Illuminations(just the higher firework effects obviously), and the Electric Water Pageant both in front of the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. We had no tree obstruction. It was an absolutely amazing view. Worth noting, we couldn't see Wishes in entirety from the balcony- the dormer rooms in the middle section blocked the view when fireworks came from left of castle- but it was still amazing and we saw most of it, but for better fireworks viewing, the other buildings Tammi recommends are the way to go.

I miss waking up in the morning and going to bed at night with that view right out off my balcony (just got back yesterday). And I have to add that the service at the Grand Floridian was just wonderful. They made our stay magical, absolutely.

TammiMcMan
08-30-2007, 03:54 PM
So, we asked for a better room and did get what we paid for. Next time, instead of trusting that Disney will give us what we pay for, we'll check the room before having bell services follow us. It would have saved us time.Although your first room was not to your liking, I just want to clarify, that it was the room category that you booked. Basically, if you can look out your balcony and see either some part of the castle or space mountain, then it's a theme park view.

TheRustyScupper
08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
. . . Basically, if you can look out your balcony and see either some part of the castle or space mountain, then it's a theme park view . . ..

Remember the play, "2 rms, rvr vu"?