PDA

View Full Version : Luggage transfer between resorts

Eyore's Wife
08-29-2007, 02:45 PM
We were able to get a one night room only reservation at Pop Century on 11/16. We will be moving to Coronado Springs on 11/17 and stay there thru 11/24. My question is - will we need to transfer our luggage ourselves from Pop to CSR or will Disney take care of that for us? Not that it's a big deal if we need to do it ourselves, just wondering. Thanks.

Piglet822
08-29-2007, 02:58 PM
You can let Bell Services at Pop Century know and they should be able to transfer your luggage for you.

disney323
08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
No problem at all. They will take the bags from your first room and bring them to the next hotel. If they don't bring them directly to the second room, Just call later in they day and they will bring them to you. The transefer takes at least a few hours and they do this everyday. The first time we did this was easy. We told the front, left the bags packed in the room and went to the parks for the day and when we arrived at the second resort we checked in, asked about the bags and they arrived in the room several minutes later with our bags.

Very simple just let the front know what you are doing.

2Epcot
08-29-2007, 03:05 PM
I have also done this, it is very easy. I believe they have a regular scheduled time they pick up bags at each of the resorts and deliver them to the other resorts that's why it can take a few hours. Usually you are in the parks anyway, so the time is not so important. As mentioned, if the bags are not delivered directly to your new room, you just call have them brought up once you've returned to the resort.

Eyore's Wife
08-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Wonderful! Thank you! (11 weeks and counting!)

princessM0m
08-31-2007, 02:15 PM
Just an FYI on my personal experience--you can make your own determination.
We did this last December and despite positive postings on the service, our luggage transfer worked so poorly that I will never do it again. We stayed at Pop and then transferred over to Saratoga Springs. At check-out time the bell desk at POP was very busy with Magical Express departures. When we did drop our bags off at the bell desk we were not given any tags or receipts of any kind. Then it took about 9 hours to get our baggage. It took SO LONG that I was convinced that all of our bags had gone to Never-Never Land! I will board a Disney bus with suitcases in tow or take a cab before I turn over my luggage again.

Piglet822
08-31-2007, 02:45 PM
I will board a Disney bus with suitcases in tow or take a cab before I turn over my luggage again.

A taxi is another option. Boarding a Disney Transport bus with luggage is not allowed - it is a safety issue.