PDA

View Full Version : Scooter & Big D – Hopping and Diving!! Pre-trip report

scooterca42
08-29-2007, 02:04 PM
I never posted one before – last time we didn’t have time! But this time – can I just say “Woo Hoo!” ?:mickey:

We have some neat things happening this trip that are out of the ordinary – Free Dining, Divequest, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney for the first time, and SeaWorld. Can’t wait!

Sunday – Arrival day. We anticipate being at Pop around 2:30 or so, our only plans are to un-pack, swim, then go to DTD for something to eat and some shopping. This day we’re eating Out Of Pocket because I managed to get a flight a day earlier – but Pop had no rooms with the Free Dining left.

Monday – Animal Kingdom EMH! Everest, as many times as possible ;) And Kali. And whatever else we can get to – we’ve never been here. We’re using a counter service at this park for lunch. Back to the hotel for a dip (if possible), then off to Magic Kingdom and another counter service for supper. Wishes and Spectro on line here – and we’ve never seen Spectro either! :party:

Tuesday – Magic Kingdom in the morning, and all our favourites – plus ones we’ve never done (Tiki, Snow White, Pooh), and we’ll use another counter service here. Then back to the hotel for a dip, and to pick up my dive mask! Yes, I am doing Divequest at Epcot! The four-thirty. If you’re there and see someone with a hot pink dive mask, that’s me! (I am otherwise blind as a bat, and I don’t want to wear my contacts in case my mask floods, and my mask has my prescription in it.) Then an 8 pm ADR at Marrakesh. Looking forward to that!

Wednesday – Epcot day today! All the faves, and exploring the World Showcase – have to see the new Canada film! Lunch at noon at San Angel. Then – DH does Divequest! We split it up – whoever isn’t diving is outside the tank photographing. Dinner at Biergarten.

Thursday – Morning at MGM – Lights, Motors, Action, and as many trips on Tower of Terror as I can talk DH into! Lunch at the 50’s Prime Time Café. Hotel for a dip, then Magic Kingdom, counter service dinner and another shot at videoing Spectro and Wishes.

Friday – Counter service breakfast at Pop, then Seaworld! (Thanks to our DFs!) Might take the bus or we might splurge on a cab. We’ll play it by ear. Then back to the hotel, and off to Epcot again for dinner (don’t know exactly where yet, may need to do the walkup thing :D:drama:) and Illuminations – and EMH! Last ride of the trip – Mission Space – Full Throttle!

Saturday – About a ten thirty am flight back to Buffalo, where wonderful DFs will pick us up. We plan to stay overnight and then drive back home the next morning.

Busy and hoppy, but we are loving it. We’re trying for a break mid-afternoon when we can, having learned by experience an hour or so down-time leaves us fresh and ready to go again!

17 days till we drive to Buffalo! 18 days till takeoff:number1:

gauvin4
08-29-2007, 02:55 PM
Sounds like you have some great things planned. :thumbsup: I look forward to hearing about your DiveQuest experience. Hope you have a great vacation.

faline
08-29-2007, 02:59 PM
You've got lots of great things planned! Have fun!

January-2007
08-29-2007, 03:36 PM
Hope you have a great time! How exciting that you both get to participate in the Dive Quest!

disneydrmr
08-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Hope you have a safe, fun and magical trip! Looking forward to reading about it when you get back!

dolphinmickey9170
08-29-2007, 11:23 PM
This sounds like a great trip. I can't wait to hear about your Divequest. Have a safe and fun trip!!:mickey:

Lizzie
08-30-2007, 12:15 AM
Have fun and happy diving.

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2007, 09:22 AM
Your plans look absolutely wonderful! I hope that you both really enjoy your Divequest experience. :mickey:

DizNee143
08-30-2007, 12:54 PM
sounds like you have a nice trip planned...i hope you and your hubby have a great time doing the divequest!cant wait to hear all about it when you get back!! have a great time!! :mickey: