PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Ears

Figgyluv03
08-29-2007, 12:30 PM
Okay, for the life of me, I cannot remember how much he Mickey ears cost and how much the embrodiary is. Can anyone let me know? I thinking of ordering a pair for DBf before we get down there and have them in our hotel room when we arrive.

Thanks.

Piglet822
08-29-2007, 02:54 PM
I believe the ears are in the range of $7 - $8. The embroidery is $2. (unless they've changed it and I'm not aware of it :blush: )

AmberB
08-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Its been over a year since we bought a set, but they were under $10 and the embroidery was free in one hat shop. I can't remember the name, but if you walk into the Magic Kingom, looking towards Cinderella's Castle, the store is on the right corner of the square (does that make sense?). If you go to a shop that sells the ears they should be able to give you the name of the store with the free embroidery.

ncscgirl2005
08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
On our trip a few weeks ago (August 9-15) DD got a "classic" pair for $9.95 but an extra $2 for embroidery. The embroidery was done at the store by the Snow White ride. The embroidery place closes at 9 pm (or at least it did on a Friday night).

Jessie
08-29-2007, 04:50 PM
Does it change whether or not you get classic or any other style? I know sometimes they'll come in different colors (at least I know we got a pink one for DD).

Figgyluv03
08-30-2007, 12:15 PM
I know he's going to kill me for this, but I want to get Johnny's 1st trip on them for him, and so he doesn't feel as bad, I'll get one for me too. I have the gold ones that my mom's friend got for me last year, but I need a new set of classic ones. Mine got ruined when my house burned down, and I always forgot to get a new set when i was down there afterwards.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
08-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Does it change whether or not you get classic or any other style? I know sometimes they'll come in different colors (at least I know we got a pink one for DD).

The price varies depending on what one's you get... we have tons of different ones for both myself and my daughter, and they were anywhere from 7ish to 15 (for the light up DREAMS ones). Embroidery wise...well, to me, I think it is about who checks you out and who does it, because we have gotten most of our ears from the big tent shop in Toon Town, and about 50% of the time I get charged the $2 embroidery fee. So who knows! I wish they did what Disneyland does and for an extra $1 they can putt a red "Minnie" bow onto the top of the ears to make it extra girly. We have the gold ears from the 50th anniv last year with those on there and I asked when we got back at WDW if they did that and they said no...

ncscgirl2005
08-30-2007, 04:34 PM
I know he's going to kill me for this, but I want to get Johnny's 1st trip on them for him, and so he doesn't feel as bad, I'll get one for me too. I have the gold ones that my mom's friend got for me last year, but I need a new set of classic ones. Mine got ruined when my house burned down, and I always forgot to get a new set when i was down there afterwards.

Actually I think you can only get names (no nicknames etc...) embroidered on them but don't hold me to that. I saw a sign that said something about only Names; no nicknames. Which is probably a good idea so as to keep people from adding offensive things to their ears.

ncscgirl2005
08-30-2007, 04:35 PM
You can also get them done at Mickeys Emporium on Main Street.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-30-2007, 05:27 PM
If your nickname is an name they will let you put it on the ears. My husband and I got the bride and groom ears on our honeymoon and he goes by a nickname and not his legal name and he had no problem. Some of the ears you have to get a patch for they can't do the embroidery on the actual ears.

katzctkpt
08-31-2007, 04:23 PM
It's been 2 yrs since we bought our kids. I believe they were under $10 at MK and the embroidary was free at the shop near the front entrance. It's on the right side of main street and I think it's beside the Main Street Confectionery candy store. "The Chapeau" is the stores name.