PDA

View Full Version : Sorry to rant but I'm so mad I could scream!

TheDuckRocks
08-29-2007, 09:45 AM
I have just had a entertainment center delivered and it doesn't fit in the room properly nor does the built in lighting system in it work.
When we were looking for something to go around our large screen TV, the salesman assured us that even though the measurements were a bit "iffy" that if there was a problem when it was delivered it could be taken back. No problem! They do it all the time.
Well guess what.....it doesn't fit and the 2 delivery men refused to take it back. The store doesn't open for another hour and I have to wait to talk to our salesman for approval of the return.
I know I'm probably jumping the gun but I just don't like the feel I'm getting here and I have this monster thing sitting not quite right in the room. Heaven only knows how long it is going to take them to come back and get it as they only come down this way twice a week and we were going to be gone for a birthday get away for me on their next day in the area.
In the meantime we can't rehook-up our TV because the delivery guy said something about a refund would be given on a "as is" basis with any damage done while it's here in our home being deducted.
Thank you all for listening to my tale of woe. I'll keep you updated as to what is going on if you don't hear first of "Little Old Lady in WV Arrested For Having Hissy-Fit In Local Value City".:blush:

disneydrmr
08-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Wow.. sorry to hear of your problems... I really do hope it all works out for you. Try to stay calm and don't take 'no' for an answer from your sales person.. go all the way to the top if you need to. Good luck!

iheartmickey
08-29-2007, 01:54 PM
:pixie: Here's some pixie dust to smooth things out! Diane was right ... don't take no for an answer!

TheDuckRocks
08-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Thank you all for putting up with my rant. The unwanted, oversized beast went back today and I'll be getting a complete refund of all costs.:thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
08-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Excellent! But now what are you going to put in your room?

TheDuckRocks
09-02-2007, 07:34 AM
Excellent! But now what are you going to put in your room?

As luck would have it I received a JC Penney catalog in the mail yesterday and they have an entertainment center that you can buy as separate pieces. It is also smaller in size, doesn't require the bridge piece, the top portion has open shelfing and it is shorter.
I have now got this ordered and on its way. If this doesn't work I'm going to quitely grab a pillow and scream into it.:D If this doesn't work I have no clue as to how I'd get it returned. Positive thinking, positive thinking.....this is the answer.