PDA

View Full Version : Mr Mike's family & friends at the GF day 2

MR.MIKE
08-29-2007, 08:53 AM
Saturday, August 18

Today I made everyone wake up early as I wanted to get to Epcot for opening.
We head breakfast in the lounge, which unless you need steak, eggs and potatoes, was more than enough to eat. There was cereal, danish, muffins, bagels, fruit, breads and more. One of my favorite items in the lounge was the coffee machine. A touch of a button and you had coffee, caffe latte, espresso or just hot water or hot milk. There were syrups available so each day I had a fantastic caffee lattee with vanilla syrup. :thumbsup:

We got to Epcot by 8:30 and there were plenty if people waiting already. The weather was great, it was warm but didnt feel humid. Somone mentioned that hurricane dean was pulling moisture away and that was why the weather was so nice. Whatever the reason it was nice and we wouldn't see a drop of rain for some time.
They followed the crowd to Soarin' and i stayed behind with my 3yo and baby. Got FPs for testrack and then I walked with children to ride Nemo and after we looked at all the fishes and dolphins and exhibits.
After they got off soarin' we did nemo again and then made our way over to test track.
I must admit that the more I ride test track the more i like it. The spin around the track seemed faster and faster each time i ride this. Its also more fun that my older daughter and son ride it with me.
What I really liked is that you can use your photopass card to capture your ride photo. I hope they make this standard on all rides.

Isn't it amazing how just doing 3 rides in Epcot can take up the whole morning? It was now after 111:30 and we had lunch at Italy at noon.
We got there just before they opened and the check in area was packed. We were seated in about 10 minutes at the same table that we were at 2 weeks ago.
The meal was great as were the Italian margaritas :marg: We spent some time in the courtyard after watching the entertainment with the kids drawing at the Kidcot station.
In the shops I looked at the cologne that was confiscated 2 weeks ago at the airport. :mad:
We spent quite a bit of time in the shop, talking to a few different CMs and I bought more products in that cologne line. They had shower gel, cream, deoderant and i bought a gift basket of these items. I was going to make sure that these itens would not be in my carry on this on the trip home.
We made out way around World Showcase stopping at a few countries for the kids to get stamps. The kidcot stations was one of the few places where the CMs weren't too friendly or responsive. They were either talking to each other or just didnt say hello or anything. It was funny that I noticed this at 3 of the countries. Heading back to the front of Epcot we did testrack one more with the FPs we got before going to lunch and then it was back to the GF
Our friends wanted to go to Church tonight as we would be at a park sunday morning. They took a cab from the GF and I told them to get the number of that cab company and use it to return. I remembered reading somehwere how some cabs waiting outside the Church aren't that reputable. Their kids stayed behind and watched our 2 little ones so my wife and I took our 2 older ones to the pool.
The pool was empty maybe because it was just a tiny bit chilly. As the sun set behind the monorail we went back upstairs where our friends had just returned. He told me didnt need to call a cab as there were scores of them outside waiting after mass ended. He was curious though why it cost him more to return to the GF than to get to the Church. :confused:

With no dinner plans we went down to Gasparillas. Lot of variety here and I had a great sandwhich. Roastbeef on a roll with lettuce and tomatoe with some type of salad dressing on it. Sounds crazy but it was amazing. Tasted as good as a new york deli. I would def be back for more of that.

Got back to the room and turndown wasn't done. I must admit turndown spoiled us again. Its not just nice to have the beds turned down and a light on but its great to have fresh towels and shampoo. This meant each morning you didnt have to worry about saving any of that for an evening shower. I called housekeeping and they came quickly with more towels and shampoo.

After a stop in the lounge where i found my favorite drink, Amaretto!!, we sat on the third floor patio outisde the concierge desks. The pirate and princess party was tonight and fireowrks were at 9:30.
Although we couldnt hear any music these fireworks were great so much more lively than wishes. And maybe they were the same length as Wishes but they seemed to go on and on and on. I wished i had videotaped. Watching this show made us excited to be attending one of the pirate parties later in our stay.
Everyone was ready for bed after this long day and we went back to our rooms.

Coming up a very early start, our new favorite thrill ride, a lifeguard rescue, the best view of a parade and parents night out.

faline
08-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Good thing you got some relaxing in the day before as this sounded like a very busy day!

January-2007
08-29-2007, 09:41 AM
What a great day! Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

Lizzie
08-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Thanks for another report. What a great way to unwind the day.

iheartmickey
08-29-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm glad that you got to re-purchase you cologne you got a few weeks ago. Now you know you can't carry it in your carry-on!

Sounds like everyone had a nice time and a great day.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

gauvin4
08-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you bought some more of the cologne. :mickey:

Bethis26fan
08-29-2007, 06:32 PM
Thanks for sharing.

dolphinmickey9170
08-29-2007, 11:19 PM
Tomorrow sounds like quite a day.

Now I won't be able to sleep 'cuz I want to know what happened. Hopefully I can get my fix tomorrow.

Thank you for sharing you trip with us.:mickey:

ChipnDaleGal
08-30-2007, 10:19 AM
Sounds like everyone had a really good day today. Thank you for sharing it with us. :mickey:

DizNee143
09-04-2007, 03:09 PM
nice day at Epcot!! and a nice relaxing evening and night at the resort!! :mickey:

KylesMom
09-04-2007, 04:00 PM
Another fab day for Mr. Mike and family!

Funny, when DS was younger, we found that the KidCot station personnel weren't overly friendly either. It "cured" DS from wanting to take part in the activities. :(

Glad to hear you were able to replace your cologne, and that the evening brought some truly spectacular fireworks. Thanks for posting!