PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's and Construction???

jiifigment
08-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Ok. I've seen the pictures. The contemporary is currently a mess! It's gonna be cool, but right now...well...it's not cool.

I read a review where someone ate at the Concourse Steakhouse and had the not so joyful experience of hearing a jackhammer throughout their meal. Does the same happen at Chef Mickey's right now? We have a reservation there next week, and I'm wondering if we should switch to another resort.

Thanks all!
We're on a plane THIS MORNING! Woo Hoo!:mickey::number1::thumbsup:

January-2007
08-29-2007, 08:42 AM
We were at Chef Mickey's the last week of May and the construction wasn't disruptive at all. It's been 3 months though, so I guess I can't say for sure.

kakn7294
08-29-2007, 11:30 AM
We didn't eat at the Chef Mickey's but we were at the Contemporary 2 weeks ago poking around a bit. From the monorail platform overlooking the construction and Chef Mickey's, it didn't appear that the construction was all that disruptive. Chef Mickey's is pretty noisy anyway and the construction is at the opposite end of the floor right now. I don't think I'd worry too much about it and keep the ADR.

hootch
08-29-2007, 02:09 PM
and the construction was not noticeable from the restaurant. Most of it is on the opposite end of the building.

#1donaldfan
08-30-2007, 12:15 PM
I'm sure Disney has buffered the mess and noise to a certain tolerable level. I'm sure some very, very picky people can find a way to complain about something, but I find it hard to beleive Disney would allow you to have a bad time. Plus, Chef Mickey's is sorta loud with fun and laughter, so that in itself will mask some outside noise.

Jfamily
08-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi

We just returned today for that magical place. We ate at Chef Mickey's on Tuesday and we didn't hear the jack hammering. We also ate the the Concorse Steak house on Monday. We heard the hammering when we signed in but not at all during the meal.Hope this helps