PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast question...

Dsnygirl
08-29-2007, 07:02 AM
Anyone have any advice on a nice spot for my DH and I to have a relaxing breakfast w/ nice atmosphere/view for our last day? I don't really want a character breakfast - more just something simple/romantic... a nice send-off for our trip home. Any ideas out there?? :)

CanadianWDWFan
08-29-2007, 08:01 AM
:hi: Blythe!

What about a nice breakfast at the Kona Cafe? We have never had breakfast there, only dinner, but what could be nicer than a good breakfast in the South Pacific.

Our traditional last breakfast is at 'Ohana with Lilo and Stitch.

DDuck66
08-29-2007, 09:56 AM
i would go to the CS at your resort the night before and pick up all of your breakfast items and have a nice picnic either at your resort (depending on where you are staying) or possibly outside one of the parks. I believe that there are some tables scatterred along the shoreline of the MK resorts.

DDuck66
08-29-2007, 09:57 AM
One other idea, would be to rent a pontoon and have a picnic on one of the lakes...

RockinRobin
08-29-2007, 10:00 AM
Always our last day at Disney is at Boatwrights at POR. They have a very good breakfast and the service is good. Then you could take a boat ride to DTD which is always nice.

faline
08-29-2007, 10:05 AM
Kona Cafe or the the Grand Floridian Cafe have always been favorites of ours.

#1donaldfan
08-29-2007, 11:54 AM
I totally agree with the previous post about Boatwrights at POR...the food (breakfast) is excellent.....service, top notch.......after eating you can walk around the resort, which is beautiful, and maybe as suggested take the boat to Downtown to finish up some last minute shopping......

MsMin
08-29-2007, 01:02 PM
I looked into a good adult breakfast a couple months ago for our upcoming trip (hope to see you there). We decided on Boma's for a great spread and nice atmosphere. Of course we are not looking for romantic just good food because it's just me and the kids:blush:
I did settle on Crystal Palace because we decided to try Boma's for dinner instead. We picked CP b/c it was in the park. One day I will do Boma for breakfast though. :minnie:

J.T.Toad
08-30-2007, 10:29 PM
Here is my thought
Spend your last day and night at he Poly, Hawaii Longhouse, Lagoon/Castle view. and spend it on the beach, No Parks Just you, your DH and a bucket of Corona's The next morning for a romantic breakfast Im thinking room service.

JT

katzctkpt
08-31-2007, 12:25 AM
The CP is a character breakfast and we did that this yr and didn't care for the food. I really like breakfast at POR Boatwrights. The sweet pot. pancakes are awesome. Look up the different resort restaurants like GF/ BW / OKW etc. and see what kind of menus they have. I'd think that the GF would be a good one. Goodluck.

MinnieMommie
08-31-2007, 06:06 AM
Another vote here for GF Cafe. :mickey:

Disnamic Duo
08-31-2007, 02:07 PM
I'd suggest Spoodles. When my wife and I were last at WDW, we stayed at the Boardwalk Inn. Since Spoodles was so close, we decided to give it a try - we're glad we did. The atmosphere was really quiet and relaxing, the view of the boardwalk is great, and the food was excellent.

kathymk616
09-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I like both Kona Cafe and GF Cafe, but I think GFC has a touch more atmosphere. They are both very nice "adult" places.

mousetrapper
09-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Here is my thought
Spend your last day and night at he Poly, Hawaii Longhouse, Lagoon/Castle view. and spend it on the beach, No Parks Just you, your DH and a bucket of Corona's The next morning for a romantic breakfast Im thinking room service.

JT

that sounds heavenly! Or maybe a bottle of champagne instead of the Coronas!:beer:

I also second the vote for Kona Cafe. You could share a Tonga Toast! They're ENORMOUS...and sinfully delicious.

The Poly, an order of Tonga Toast and two forks...you can't get much more romantic than that!:cloud9:

disneymom2000
09-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Since my husband hasn't been here with me since 1993, I decided to end our stay with a wonderful breakfast at the Kona Cafe. I can't wait. I have heard so many wonderful things about it.:cloud9: